Karwa Chauth For All ---Very simple way

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by RituMK, Oct 7, 2009.

1. RituMK

RituMK Junior IL'ite

Hi Friends

Today is Karwa chauth , Karwa chauth and Teej are considered as the Valentine’s day of India . Some women could not go for these festivals because they are tough , though they wanted to keep it....

So I personally believe that the devotion and enjoyment is more important than any rituals

So if you can keep these festivals in traditional way then very good, if not but you still wanna enjoy these festivals then here are my suggestions....

My three recommended way of fasting -:

(if you r not able to keep fast with out water )

1. Have fast on liquids like tea, coffee, milk juice
    2. Have phalahar once in a day time phalahar means fruits boiled potatos , sweet potatos dry fruits
    3 the third way is --once in a day time have simple veggy food without onion and garlic

Getting Ready –
    1. Wear new or washed (clean) sari or suit ( please avoid Black and white dresses)
    2.Wear mangal sutra, toe rings, payal , sindoor n bindi on forehead, bangles and ear rings
    3.If you wish put mehandi and alta

Food for the day –

1. Prepare or get any sweet like Kheer or Halwa
    2. Cook veggy food for evening

Simple Pooja process

Evening pooja

1. Get a picture of shiva parvati ganesh n kartikeya – U can get from net
    2. place it on pooja place or in a clean place
    3. lit lamp and agar batti
    4.Sprinkle Jal (water), put sindoor and uncooked rice with haldi on picture
    5. offer flowers
    6. place sweet or kheer in front of God
    7. Do meditation on the picture for two minutes , imagin maa parvati dressed like a bride... and ask for her blessings .pray for your Husband and Family

Karwa Chauth Vrat Katha in Hindi | Indusladies.com

Moon Pooja

When moon comes to the sky around 8 oclock . sprinkle jal(water) , sindoor rice and flower towards it, show the lamp. Show the kheer ( as you are offering food)
    Put a sindoor tilak on ur husbands forehead. Ask moon to bless you n your husband and the whole family with happiness.

If you could not see the moon

If you could not see the moon till nine because of weather etc. In my opinion, offer all these things (mentioned above for moon) to sky for the moon. And pray.
    See the moon on the Head of Lord Shiva on picture.

Enjoy Dinner --- Enjoy the sweet and dinner with the family or you can go out for dinner but don’t forget to remain veggi

Please Note – As I told you devotion and love between two of you is more important than any rituals so even if you haven’t kept the Fast then also you can enjoy this festival in this way -:
    Wear nice dress and ornaments in evening, lit a lamp in front of God or at your prayer place and both of you ( wife n husband) pray in front of that for each other, then go out and have a nice dinner together ....

Enjoy being with each other ....and have a sweet time...:)

Checkout the complete guide to celebrate Karwa Chauth | Karva Chauth

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2017
    4 people like this.

2. ruchi22jan

ruchi22jan New IL'ite

good one....thanks buddy

3. RituMK

RituMK Junior IL'ite

Thanks Ruchi.....Actually I think Teej and Karwa chauth day can be used to pamper urself.....:) do somthing different , look beautiful , feel beautiful ....and have a gr8 and happy time.....:)......

4. deepagopalan

deepagopalan Gold IL'ite

Hi Ritu,

it was very informative..:cheersthanks for sharing and explaining the procedure..next year i will do it without fail.thanks again:thumbsup.

br,
    deepa.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2009
  5. RituMK

RituMK Junior IL'ite

U r most Welcome Deepa!!!
    As I had kept Teej( the day when shiv had given boon to parvati to accept her as his wife) Vrat Nirjala . So I had decided to keep Karwa chauth simple.
    So I kept the Vrat with Fruits & Juice. Pamper myself and put mehendi....cooked tasty veggi food (without onion and Garlic ) for evening...in the eveing dressed up in Red and Yellow Sari. with all the matching ornaments. prepared Sooji Halwa and Mathari for prasad(this u can do one night before also or u can buy sweet also). When my Husband Came from the office. I lit the lamp and kept prasad in front of the God. I read the Katha from net then both of us offer Aarti to the God (especially to Ganesh as Chauth is the date for Ganesh). Meditated for two minutes...then offer Jal .flower and Halwa to moon. Put a tilak on my husbands forehead..then ofcourse clicked pics ;)...then had dinner togather around 9 oclock , my Hubby offer me first morsel of food which was halwa....these all process gives very nice divine and romantic feeling...you will feel like a blessed couple....:)
    In my opinion one shud celebrate Teej or Karwa chauth...its a way to feel togatherness and a way to say I love you and care for you ...:)

PS:- Again I say Feeling, Love and Devotion is more important than any rituals ...so celebrate in ur own way and enjoy it...:)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  6. Roopamanju

Roopamanju Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the useful info Ritu! it's my third Karwa chauth vrat but no fasting this time :8)

1 person likes this.
  7. umathiru

umathiru Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

Thanks Ritu for sharing Karwa Chauth
    in simple ways.

8. RituMK

RituMK Junior IL'ite

u r welcome uma ! :) happy KC !!!

9. anjalisingh152

anjalisingh152 Silver IL'ite

I am alone... cant understand how to do.... :(:hide:

10. beingloved

beingloved Gold IL'ite

Dear Anjali,

Keep i simple and do as per your understanding. Its the devotion that matters :)

Everything has been nicely explained in the posts above. You can always take tips :)

All the best..:)