Karmas : Relation To God

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by MonikaSG, Jan 4, 2018.

1. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

All these are my personal beliefs and thoughts. Little confused how to start. We come from god and rest in god. He send us and in the end takes us back. We have direct relation to him. A person is born with all his past karmas account by which his next birth place is decided. I don't feel there is another heaven or hell. Good karma people take birth at better place than the bad karma one.
    My query here is when we come from god and we are answerable to him only then why do we fight with rest of the world.
    For example if I am a person who is living a peaceful life and then another person come to my life who did not behaved or answered or can say did something that i don't like then why i disturb my peace to prove him wrong. What will happen if he is proved. What if he disturb me again. Then again I will prove him wrong. What and how much it will then change me as a person. I will start thinking negative start worrying about what he will do next what will be my step then what will happen then then then. So many things with just one person. And what if I get so many of them. That person is answerable to god so am I. Why he want to disturb my life and why I want to teach. Are we taking the work of god in our hand? Is god is no more capable of handling these issues or we became more smart than him? Why we stopped believing in karma when god didn't stopped making us.

periamma likes this.

2. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Dear OP,

Well how do I put it? There is a God (let’s assume , since many debate that itself , not me) & there are these wonderful creations of God , humans being one of those. Now, is god a person on earth? No . We don’t see god or interact with God daily. So we are left to interact with his other creations which is other people. These interactions are mostly positive & well intended , but sometimes they don’t go as planned . Why ? Because the god’s creations have ego, jealousy, anger, feelings of supremacy, wanting to prove oneself right etc etc..

So going back to your question, are we taking gods law in our hands? No, don’t think so. We are merely acting or reacting or operating on this earth & sometimes things go wrong during those actions, that’s it.

Also considering there are a billion humans on earth that god has to worry about , honestly it wouldn’t be a very bad idea to dish out some justice ourselves and By that I mean ensuring we are treated right & fighting for our own sake, not harming others.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  3. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

True. Our life is in our hands. We can ensure that we are treated right and also help others in times of need.

GeetaKashyap and Naari like this.
  4. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Do you really feel god's creations have ego? God created us too innocent its in our growing years that we learn all this. I just want to say if while writing an exam we do not copy a wrong answer so that we do not get the low score then why we go with bad emotions that lower our score of good karma?

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  5. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Every person want to feel good. For everything we look forward for the acceptance from others. We feel good when other person like us and appraise us otherwise either we feel bad or separate our path. Why don't we look forward to god for the acceptance. He should like what we do and how we do. We are answerable to him only but we are not looking at him by thinking of him as a still statue that cannot reply and don't have any choices. What he used to think while he was creating us. Does he think this person will not take care of me I should not make it or make it the wrong way or should not bother much about his finishing. He is not worried at all but we are so much worried about our acceptance from society family and friends instead of worrying about him.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  6. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

@MonikaSG

Seneca, Epicurus and Montaigne have written extensively on the queries on karma (Western karma) and virtue and society albeit in secular terms. If you are genuinely interested in scratching the surface of their witty and insightful writing, start with a book called “The Consolations of Philisophy” to guide you in your inquiry. The book is an easy read with distilled pointers on karmic chaos, esp., the chapter on Seneca. Cheers!

PS: Usually, people recommend Bertrand Russell’s A History of Western Philosophy for beginners. The book is too dry. I like chirpy writing. Hence the Consolations to kickstart. Just google for theodicy (why evil?), Karen Armstrong (how god?), Hannah Arendt (so banal!) and skim their writing. It might take you a year or more to reach Peter Singer, Derek Parfit, Nozick, Zizek et al. But the pursuit is worth if you genuinely want to explore and not merely flirt with your philosophical inquiry.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    MonikaSG likes this.
  7. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Thanks will read this asap.....:)