Karma And Such.....

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by Meghaa, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Meghaa

Meghaa Silver IL'ite

I have never been a very religious person - but did the random visiting temple , lighting the lamps at the little pooja corner in the home, praying extra hard when you are going anticipating or going through a difficulty ( or kumkum for a difficult exam :blush:)

As life throws more and more challenges at me , I have become more spiritual but less religious.
    I want to believe in Karma - literally because , if not that then nothing makes any sense in this world of random events. It kind of gives an answer to the frustration of life not being fair.
    But that in turn makes me believe that praying extra hard or promising God that I will hike up tirumala hills or donate my hair or quitting your favorite food or saying some specific mantras or the kumkum mom sent from a pooja - not really going to help me escape my karma?
    Idk , I guess ultimately we are trying to either make sense of what is happening to us (I am using Karma in this case) or try to feel in control of a helpless situation ( the pooja's & Kumkum & Harakes , I stopped a little while ago)

PS : I really dont know if there was a point to my rambling.

dc24 and joylokhi like this.

2. dia3

dia3 Silver IL'ite

Karma is a bitch....it always comes to bite in the ass....i have seen some peopel who did bad getting really shitty time in old age..like they will get painful cancer..be in bed- crying due to painful cancer, getting bed sores, or their daughter in law will treat them like big time piece of crap....

so there r people who think even though they did shitty things to others in their young life and didn't suffer in young age but then they get 100 times shitty life in old age with their own hand picked daughter in law treating them worse than load of crap or they get some really shitty disease n they literally rot to death !..

i have seen 1 mil treating their dil like crap and then their own daughter got treated like big time crap by her hubby/in laws- even in 2 marriages n even after giving very hefty dowries in both marriages n both marriages failed !!....

KARMA always comes back --most of the times God is late in giving back Karma but it always COMES back and with double the wrath!.....i have seen and heard stories from friends n all !

so never do bad to anyone...n whenever some injustice happens to you, just pray to God for justice because i have seen/heard real life stories amongst neighbors/friends circle with God/karma paying back in this lifetime only and with double the wrath that too when one is in most vulnerable state...mostly in old age in terms of some shitty disease wherein one is bed-prone and sons/daughter in law treat them like crap and tehy rot to death !!..

I have literally seen n heard stories amongst friends circle and neighbors....i hardly pray but after seeing the law of Karma, i must say i started believing there is God though God takes time to deliver justice but when he delivers, the wrong doer gets it 10 times worst !

I have literally seen n heard stories amongst friends circle and neighbors.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    harih, CoolPie and Dimple143 like this.
  3. Meghaa

Meghaa Silver IL'ite

I would never use the B word. I have great reverence for the term and its attempt to explain life.
    besides, I really dont believe ( in my limited experience) that it is as simple as a bad MIL's daughter getting a bad MIL . Or old age and cancer. LIttle kids have cancer - what could they have possibly done in that lifetime?

So , no I dont think Karma equation is as straightforward as we would like.

SunPa likes this.
  4. dia3

dia3 Silver IL'ite

Working on some case so still awake...well, as per journey of souls- very popular book in US by a very famous succesful doctor in US who didn't believe in God until he encountered his multiple patients not related to each other-- talking about same thing- soul, God, previous birth life, karma in hypnosis session.

so as per those, basically the suffering on earth is a punishment for the bad karma ...so people who suffer extremes in old age or middle age are being punished for paying off some of the karma they incurred in their present life on earth or some past life....their remaining karma if they die, will be balanced somehow in next life.

as per journey of souls book- those who die young in childhood have most of the times signed up for early soul return to God because they don't want their soul to suffer more on earth !....All karma might not be cleared in this lifetime but as per journey of souls book definitely a lot has to be cleared on earth in present lifetime.....as per this book, souls even choose which parents to be born under.....n some people suffer at the hands of their own children because those children were born to them to teach those parents their karmic lessons for their bad karma !

i also didn't believe in God for a long time but have seen some karma in action in some of my life situations...it has to be some invisible power called God for sure...

some people on their death bed when they r suffering a lot recall their mistakes n even ask for forgiveness from those they have wronged..this is all karma/God's justice.

CoolPie likes this.
  5. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

Even i can't use the B**** word for Karma. After all..God, soul and karma are interwoven.
    To delve deeply into the Karma theory and it's effects...Garuda Purana, Mahabharata and Srimad Bhagwatam (canto 5, chapter 28) are excellent to read.

CoolPie and Meghaa like this.
  6. dia3

dia3 Silver IL'ite

karma is a b***--is just a saying in slang english---don't go by its literal words ----it means karma will always come back to bite..there is no sorry in karma's dictionary !

to each tehri own but like most people, i am not into religious books but need proof before believing in things..since thsi book is true testimony of many modern age people n have seen karma in action, thast what made me believe in karma n God.

Thsi very famous n succesful doctor who studied all this and hsi patients are all modern age people who were not even religious n had no idea what they woudl see in hypnosis session but all of them strangely gave same answers when this Doc asked them specific questions in hypnosis- like r u suffering because of karma, what did u think u did that u r suffering, about God-
    after hypnosis they didn't even remember what they said..of course tehir names r confidential n the book but their recordings were done with tehir permission n shown to them after their sessions.

all these people came to this doc because they were getting treated for some physical problem like some body pain, trauma, otehr diseses for many years in hospitals and their disease/ pain won't go away even after best treatments-------

CoolPie likes this.
  7. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

I would be grateful to you if you could kindly share the book's name.

8. dia3

dia3 Silver IL'ite

try searching for the book by the name - journey of souls /or destiny of souls

CoolPie likes this.
  9. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

Few quotes that comes in my mind when talk about karma
    " What goes around comes around "

"How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours." - Wayne Dyer

If you do something with so much negativity somehow it will fire back at you . If you do something with positivity today else tomorrow that goodness will come back to you. This is my experience. Sometime you won't get the result then and there but definitely one day it will make sense ..

Then you are not carrying karma of this birth ,you already had so many births which you are not aware of . based on that you get the result . People normally ask then why people die at young age , why accidents on the way pilgrimage? The answer it's all based on previous else this births karma .

I asked this question to my guru . Sometime people complained me that I am hurting them by ignoring them . They are not ready to understand their behaviour is something that force me to avoid them .Will this effect me ? Will this karma fire back at me ?
    The answer was to meditate . Do meditation and spread positive energy back to this universe then you can overcome such negativity and bad karma ( which you are not intended to )

In bagavad geetha chapter 3,4,5 explains karma in details . 18 the chapter gives details how to get moksha.

CoolPie likes this.
  10. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

Do you have any link to read or hear this chapter translation please share it .