1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Kameez Neck Designs & Knot At The Back Of A Blouse

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by lupie, Sep 5, 2009.

1. saheli3

saheli3 Gold IL'ite

2. nutty

nutty New IL'ite

re: Kameez Neck Designs & Knot At The Back Of A Blouse

I was thinking of doing something similar but easier. would i attach these tube on the neckline facing and then turn it over like normal neckline. If someone could please explain with diagrams if possible thanks

3. ash18_g

ash18_g Silver IL'ite

hi nutty

Here with i have attached picture of attaching bias fabric loops with weaving effect. keep the fabric bias loops on the right side of the garment (which you are going to sew neckline) with littlebit extra loops to sew along with interfacing on the neckline as shown in pic.
    in pic i didn't used bias loops,instead of that i put fabric strips.
    first keep the loops on the neckline (as shown in pic) pin it correctly where u want to attach the loops. then on top of thatkeep interfacing sew all together on the neckline. After attaching these turn over do littlebit pressing on the seam to sit neatly,then do hemming..

Hope this will help you..

Ashwini

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      505.8 KB
      Views:
  4. nutty

nutty New IL'ite

Hi there Ashwini

Thanks you for reply and for the diagram, it was most helpful, 1 question and this is where i am stuck, after sewing the interfacing with the loops underneath, When i turn it over the loops get in the way of turning over, normally when the is no loops it turns over easily, but since there are loops how is it going turn over the loops are in the way. If you could clarify this with diagram as well would be ever so grateful thanks

5. ash18_g

ash18_g Silver IL'ite

Hi nutty

Iam very sorry for wrong guidence,:bonk. i have tried with different design with loops,in that i didn't attached the loops(" X") like cross wise.so it turned out easily.in this case loops will not turn,in the above diagram i didn't sewed the the neck so didn't realized that what will happen after sew it and turn the interfacing and loops. today i checked again what u can do is first stitch the interfacing (wrong side top) and neck line (right side of the garment) together.then turn it over press the stitched neckline right of the garment.tuck the loops how you want to give weave effect .( this has to be done before attaching to the neck) open stitches littlebit where u are going to attach loops in the neck. fix the loops there and top stitch on the neckline.i have showed 3-4 steps in pic.

Neck shape and stitches are not neat very roughtly done.just for your referece. hope this will help you:) if you have any clarificatiion on this pls reply me.

Attached Files:

6. nutty

nutty New IL'ite

Hi Ashwini

Thank you so much for the diagrams they are most helpful, these diagrams has clarified the method easier, thanks once again.............

7. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

hi ash18_g,

wonderfully explained. Is this method called SBS [ step By Step ] photo method of explanation? :bonk . commendable explanation.

8. ash18_g

ash18_g Silver IL'ite

Hi sabarimathi

Thanks for your kind words.i tried to explain step by step method.. hope this will helps to all who wanted to learn to do neck design using fabric loops.

Ashwini

9. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

Re: Knot in blouse back neck

hi thanx for information dear

10. archu1981

archu1981 Silver IL'ite

blose neck hemming .....

hai friends...:hiya
    can any body please tell me how to hem the blouse neck...im doing but its coming some what ugly:hide:...so please give correct technique:idea...?????