1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kamala Bastralaya

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ojaantrik, Oct 5, 2014.

1. pguptha

pguptha New IL'ite

good one well said

1 person likes this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri Ojaantrik,

What a wonderful recollection of your ancient tailor and stitching skills. I remember the days when we were stitching pants and shirts with tailors. Whenever we approach Diwali festival, we used to plan when to buy clothes and give it for stitching. We used to visit our grandparents place for summer. Out of love and affection, our grandparents used to buy clothes for all the grand children. There was only one tailor in town who used to measure our sizes and when we got back our stitched pants and shirts, we never used to recognize them as we all had same color pants and shirts.

We also had only one barber in the village. All grandchildren used to describe the type of hairstyle they needed but when the job was done, we all looked the same. Thank you for sharing your wonderful memories making me remember my own.

Viswa

2 people like this.
  3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Lofty words from you OJ da! I am glad that the beautiful Hemamalini will not think of peeping into our pages! Else, she will be mighty upset! :))))

L, Kamla

2 people like this.
  4. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Thank you pguptha. I like your style. Brevity they say is the soul of wit.

Best regards.

oj

5. ojaantrik

Ah Vishwa, that barber. One can't quite forget him can one? Let me see if I can revive him one of these days. Thanks a lot for your thoughts.

Regards.

oj

6. ojaantrik

Dear L,Kamla,

Hema at IL!! Oh my ... Perish the thought. Here Kamla is the queen. To please the queen, I tried to remember the posts of mine that were noticed in IL. And changed my signature. I think I missed one at least. But can't be helped. Old men have long term memories. The recent part evades their consciousness.

Best regards.

oj-da

1 person likes this.