1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Kalakshetra dance teacher/Tamil community in Cincinnati Ohio

Discussion in 'Indians in Cincinnati' started by smruthiram, Oct 5, 2009.

1. smruthiram

smruthiram New IL'ite

Hello there,

Any Tamil community in Cincinnati Ohio? Just wanted to have an idea about where it is concentrated. Also are there any Kalakshetra dance teachers? Looking for one for my daughters...:)

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

smruthiram,

there is a very big Tamil community in Cincinnati - here is the Tamil Sangam website www.cincytamilsangam.org

There are many Bharatanatyam/music teachers around, am not sure about kalakshetra teachers specifically.

3. smruthiram

smruthiram New IL'ite

Thanks for your kind reply. Do you live in Cincinnati?

Uma:)

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Yes....when are you relocating???

5. smruthiram

smruthiram New IL'ite

Cincinnati Ohio

We are planning to move in Dec. and most probably Mason area. Do you have any idea about good subdivisions? Sycamore seems to be older community,I need company for my son who is 6years old. BTW how long have you been in OH?

tx:)

6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Smruthi,

just saw this today. Sycamore is nice, so is Mason - school districts are very good. We live in West Chester and I am here for the last 10yrs :) In all these areas, there are many many Indians. Temple is little farther away....but is a nice place all in all. Do write when you come....good luck with the move.

7. smruthiram

smruthiram New IL'ite

Great! Good to hear from you! So you must be a vetran now! We are looking at Mason as the school district is fantstic. Any neighborhood suggestions?

8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Smruthi, I am so sorry. I really have no clue. But most of mason is good and if you have short listed a few neighborhoods, let me know and I can tell about it - thanks to all the driving around, have a fair idea, but never bothered to check the houses or apartments. There are very many pockets where there are only mostly Indians. So it should not be an issue by any stretch of imagination :)

9. smruthiram

smruthiram New IL'ite

Hello,
    Thanks for the info. I was a little skeptical about moving to a new place. I am glad atleast I know you now. Would defenitly like to talk to you over the phone if you dont mind! Let me know how we can do that!

10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Smruthi, I am sure you are busy packing up and getting ready for the move - cold season has just set in and december will be cold - we usually get our first snow around christmas :)

You should be a private message user to exchange info, I cannot share my information on the website. After you come, drop in a line here and we can figure something out.

Good luck with the move.