1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kaivalyam

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Since it appears - We are sailing in the same boat I wish to mention my daily prayer concludes with uttering of this sloakam

असतो मा सद्गमय ।
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय ।
    मृत्योर्मा अमृतं गमय ।
    ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ॥
    Om
    Asato Maa Sad-Gamaya |
    Tamaso Maa Jyotir-Gamaya |
    Mrtyor-Maa Amrtam Gamaya |
    Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

Meaning:
    1:Om, (O Lord) Keep me not in the Unreality (of the bondage of the Phenomenal World), but lead metowards the Reality (of the Eternal Self),
    2: (O Lord) Keep me not in the Darkness (of Ignorance), but lead me towards the Light (of Spiritual Knowledge),
    3: (O Lord) Keep me not in the (Fear of) Death (due to the bondage of the Mortal World), but lead metowards the Immortality (gained by the Knowledge of the Immortal Self beyond Death),
    4:Om, (May there be) Peace, Peace, Peace (at the the three levels - Adidaivika, Adibhautika and Adhyatmika).
    Regards.
    In God’s world would there be any darkness? How we came to believe there is God in us?

Viswamitra and satchitananda like this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

Each one of you are very kind towards me in your appreciation. Still, the fact remains that I remain as a human with animal qualities instead of Godliness and Paramacharya is divine being with extraordinary love for human beings like me. That is the difference.

I feel your argument that you are ignorant is difficult to accept. I have learned about your understanding of spirituality through many of your snippets and responses. You are absolutely right about all roads leading towards Mahavakya. In the materialistic world, it is hard for people to comprehend the divine teachings in the Scriptures. Each generation has deteriorated in study of scriptures. I feel it is important to kindle the inherent qualities of human beings through such write ups. If it is hard discourse, we all will lose patience. That is why I write so simple and the validation is if I can understand it better in those words, anyone will easily understand. Even if one individual respond to this snippet, I will be delighted but I am getting so many responses which only demonstrates that the inherent qualities of divinity remains in every being in tact like a fire covered with ash.

Thyagarajan and satchitananda like this.
  3. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

I will strictly adhere to yoour advice :) Summa irundhu vidugiren Sir :smile:

I have not heard about it before. thank you for the share sir. :thumbup:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

“சிவனேன்னு இரு” in Tamil ordinarily means “keep silence or keep doing nothing or don’t make noise or don’t be nettlesome. This phrase used to suit various occasions including cases where one is in dilemma or in two minds about an issue. But the special meaning is that “keep thinking of Lord Siva & only Siva and nothing else”.
    Thanks & Regards.
    Lord proved hunter Thinnan’s love far better in Kannapa Nayanar story.

Adharv likes this.
  5. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Thank god timing-la sollikuduthinga :)I can adhere to this as well sir. I truly believe in him.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Thyagarajan and Adharv like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

:hello:Thank you for the link.
    2. I enjoyed reading the link giving exhaustive researched meaning it attained through several centuries.
    With special thanks.

Viswamitra likes this.
  8. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

:yikes: It is too heavy concept for this little girl to understand :grazy: Etho konjam purinjadhu sir. (I could only understand little bit :confundio1:)

Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. Thyagarajan

:hello:அப்ப சிவனேன்னு இருங்க!

Viswamitra and Adharv like this.