Just Curious To Know Scientific Reason Behind This!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Sweety82, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Hi hi.again. Just want to know ur opinions. I would like to make an analysis on what I read and what I heard. When I was doing my college studies it was a coed college. So after college is over, we went to our route buses and was chitchatting with friends in the bus waiting for drivers to start the bus. Suddenly buses didn't start and all girls were called by professors. It was an advice for all girls that we should not throw sanitary pads openly in the dustbin as the cleaners feel embarrassed to clean the trash. It was accepted though I was disciplined to always dispose them in the pad bin. And they told us to wrap the used ones in the paper and then throw them. OK. Next one prof said if we throw the used napkins in the bin, when small living creatures like lizard , cockroaches goes on them they will curse that particular person who's menstrual blood it touches. I used to think how far it is true and nowadays flushing the pads are not recommended even in the package it says. Next, while I was reading about action of siddha medicine s on female reproductive system I came across a person's (male) comment as "nowadays ladies are not responsible enough to properly dispose used pads and just because they throw used pads with blood stains on the roads (actually even if it is thrown properly the scavengers make a mess out of garbage) and not burning them, birds flying by through that path curses the women(in Tamil we call it as "patchi saabam) and hence nowadays many women are not fortunate enough to have child. I actually got agitated by this comment but somehow managed. Friends, do u all believe this is true? Has any of ur grand mothers preached u like these? Just curious to know. Can u share ur thoughts on this Pls?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Ashuhari likes this.

2. senoritaaa

senoritaaa Bronze IL'ite

No Clue. But In my opinion as in the case of many age old traditions, It could be an age old way to make people dispose it properly out of fear of consequences. Good anyways.

geevee68 and Sweety82 like this.
  3. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

hi,
    I have heard similar stories from someone(definitely not from my mother or grandmother),I don't even remember who it was. It is just a taboo.I don't believe it :rolleyes:. All this stories are build to make the girls be more careful in disposing their used napkins just for the hygiene reason. Garbage disposal in india is still a ongoing problem,so all we can do is wrap it in one and two bags and throw them in garbage containers.

geevee68, Sweety82 and sindmani like this.
  4. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Consequences means whatever reason I have mentioned. Is it so?

5. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Even i have heard similar stories. That snake lizard eggs comes in contact with blood pad eggs dies. So snake lizard curse the lady to loose child similarly.

Not sure about authenticity but i general put it in cover n dispose.

6. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Wow.. my first time hearing something like this. I too think that this story was created to scare women into disposing the used pads properly and not be thrown around carelessly which can maybe cause health issues or added garbage or strewn around on the roads openly.