1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Just an empty glass?!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Hridaya, it means a lot...love your user name :)

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you anukarsha - coming from you it means a lot. I do follow your philosophical thoughts when eve I get a chance :)

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you so so much JAG! That is an interesting observation you make and it is true - i constantly live in a state of amazement, so probably it reflects in my writing!
    Certainly JAG, no doubt about it - I am learning to be non judgemental inspite of any negative interactions and it is fun watching one self go through the process.

Thank you for your response JAG!

4. Aspire

Aspire Gold IL'ite

Ha ha ha...I was trying to communicate that we all see things the way we want and by the prism of the past...so what changed, depends on our observation / awareness to see other things to the same empty glass. :)

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

:bowdown :bowdown ......why am I reminded of Eckhart Tolle? Thank you aspire :)

6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sabitha,

Life is an exercise book, but life's exercises are hard indeed. We keep trying to do them, make mistakes and then try to get it right all over again.

At some point, we do make some progress which gives us hope in ourselves and we feel amazed at the change we are capable of. The ability to forget unpleasant things, get on with their lives and to remain unfazed by some events (however small) reminds us of the distance we have covered from the starting point - the time when we got affected by every little thing someone said or did.

And that is our ultimate goal in life - to be able to see the empty glass - in each one of us. Like you said, it is hard, but no harm starting out is there?

1 person likes this.
  7. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi...
    Its such an intriguing post...Wow Sabita only you can handle it the way you have done expressing your doubts n finding the answer too...In my experience at the outset we all start with empty glass instead of throwing its content we end up storing it up n letting it go unpalatable thats when all the problems of life start and we get sucked in Labyrinth of emotions..... If we learn the art of filling as is needed and throw unwanted, if needed empty the whole glass we will become elevated souls but is it so easy...hmmm I think its our choice here to make...

8. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sabitha,

This is excellent.Clean empty glass concept. I liked the quotes of Bach very much. How meaningful they are! His book Jonathan Livingston Seagul is one of my favourite books.

9. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sabitha,
    Let go off the past, it just hurts more and more.
    Live the present, which helps to shape up our future.
    Future will be fine, if we plan for it through change of our attitude towards everything and everyone, which in turn gives you a peaceful future.
    Loved the quotes from Richard Bach.

Sriniketan

10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

That is hitting the nail on the head Dear Satchi. We all know what we are capable of - we should only learn to hang on to that so that it may help us move forward and then that Empty glass sure will look empty!

Thank you for a wonderful feedback my friend!

1 person likes this.