1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Just A Vent

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by shwetapj, Aug 6, 2017.

1. shwetapj

shwetapj Silver IL'ite

i am not sure if this is the right place to vent out your feelings but i just want to free myself of the guilt I am keeping in my heart. I don't know whether I was right or wrong in my actions but there are circumstances that made me behave like that.

Here goes a long story:

I am a tired and sleep deprived mom of a super active 10 month old. She hardly naps and mostly skips day time naps which is quite tiring for me. Night she sleep around 10pm and and wakes around 7 am. My day starts with 6 am with cooking. I have help for cleaning the house and the dishes.

Here starts the problem. I have been taking care of my baby right from her birth and a little background of my birth story. It is worst as it was very traumatic for me as I was just saved within a nick of time from death! Yes you heard it right death! When I was pregnant I was working from home and taking care of the cooking etc. I was happy with the baby arrival but as I was closing my delivery I was getting worried as neither my mil nor my mom were ready to come to help. And neither were excited about the baby. Both were not bothered what so ever.

Then comes the delivery I suffered a lot post delivery as after 8 days of c section they again cut open my stomach to clean the pus which developed because of medical negligence caused by psuedomonas bacteria and none of the medicines were working on it. Docs felt only injections will work or I'll die. The whole Diwali I was depressed as I was worried what will happen to my baby. My DH was also stressed. We were going through a lot of stress as business has slowed down a bit and no help from anyone at home nor in the hospital. At night also it was me and my DH took turns. The double surgery was making me go crazy with pain as the docs didn't give me painkiller ( I Came to know about this after I consulted another doc friend who told me these are vitamin meds and not pain killers)

I spent 2 months with lot of pain, sleep deprivation (I was feeding formula milk with bowl and spoon and not bottle which was time consuming and took 2 hours or more as baby slept in between feedings and lost quite a bit of her body weight because of that) tiredness, work and mil tantrums of not getting proper milk supply. Moms you can imagine what happens to a human being when he is bombarded. On top of that some useless friends and visitors came and started judging me like you should not put the AC, need 6 months rest and all that bull****. I said hello!! Are you going to come and cook for me??? Your wife had help from her mom. All useless advises and telling me constantly you couldn't bear the pain and how irresponsible m I and how his wife and him have perfectly taken care of ( his wife took full bed rest for 7-8 months without moving even an inch of anything as her mom took care of each and every thing. ) on top of that my mom useless talking and wasting my precious nap if I ever get and useless waste of time of massage lady who talks about her relatives and wasting my 2 hours. I had to bear this as I was very weak and tired

Finally after 10 months, I am still doing everything alone and searching for a baby sitter for past 4 months but not finding any. Now tell me neither my mil nor my mom bothered to ask about my daughter then why the hell should I send them my baby pics on whatsapp ? Do they really deserve this? And the useless friend pretend and tell me how their babies are sweet angels and sleep through the night and take 2 hrs of nap all that crap.

I don't like to lie why should I lie ? Now looking back I feel I didn't bond well with my baby immiditely after birth but the bonding started slowly and now I am enjoying. I hope I am being a good mom to her as she only loves to cling to me what so evEr.

Thanks for reading with patience I feel good after venting out

2. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

shwetapj likes this.
  3. Benitapaul

Benitapaul Silver IL'ite

Glad you feel good after venting out. You are a strong person and an awesome mom from what I can perceive through your post. Do what will make you feel good.

You and daughter will have a great bonding and she will look upto you as a role model on how a woman should be :)

shwetapj and Nonya like this.
  4. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Hi @shwetapj
    I have been there...I too had a c section.
    I too got infected after 1 month of surgery that too I found out, constant pain in stomach. Got the stiches removed without local anesthesia!!! But my mom was there to help me out.
    Don't worry about friends whose kids sleep eat on time, I tell you they lie.
    One of my neighbors said her daughter never makes home messy, but one time I saw her home was messier than a market.
    Pls stop the visitors, I couldn't do as I was staying at my parents place post delivery.
    So had no say in visitors.
    You can stop visitors tell baby sleeping, or had shots. You aren't well.
    I can understand being new mom without help is tough. But you did all these 10 months, just 2-3 months... Once baby turns 1, you will feel lil relaxed.
    My kid too never took day nap after 7 months... Everyone from the cleaning lady mils far relatives would ask why your mom not putting baby to sleep. What the heck, baby not getting sleep isn't my mom's problem. I was working then, left 5 month old with my parents.
    I faced sooO much, on top mil never lifted a finger for my baby, but so much tantrums she would throw.
    I'm not able to forget...
    So cut down visitors, buy food outside.
    Go for a walk with baby 10 min.
    You are fine

shwetapj likes this.
  5. shwetapj

shwetapj Silver IL'ite

Hi @Vedhavalli

Thanks for reading. I am satisfied I am going on the right track. Traumatic birth affects us to a long time right?

Regarding friend lying About their babies yes they are lying! Always pretending to show their babies are an angel and also how unlucky we are

6. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Sorry to hear about your traumatic experience, glad you are able to bond with the little one ! Each baby is different , so don't be influenced or hurt by others experiences. Enjoy motherhood !

7. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shweta, I am glad that both you and your baby are well now. Yes, venting can be cathartic, and what better place to do it?:wink1:

However, even at the risk being one of those men who favor problem-solving over 'empathy', I am concerned about the following statements:
    Your mother and mother-in-law may have been unhelpful, but medical negligence is way more dangerous, especially when drug resistant agents are involved. Hospital infections occur more frequently than they should, due to lax preventive measures.
    I have no idea what this means. Do talk to a competent physician and review your conversations and the diagnoses and options offered when you were ill. An injection is a way of delivering drugs. It is the actual pharmaceutical agent being injected (or delivered in other ways) that matters. You probably got some sort of antibiotic.
    I don't understand this. What could the motivation possibly be? In any case, please avoid this hospital. If true, this is beyond negligence; it ought to anger you more. Even if your parents/relatives did not help you, you would have done fine in the case of an uncomplicated pregnancy. Medical charlatans can kill you no matter what.

Now that you are a mother, first educate yourself about medical issues. Have someone more knowledgeable accompany you to consultations, take good notes, and keep a record of medications. Medicine has become big business. It is up to us to take steps to ensure that our interactions with the medical system do not damage our health. Don't forget that the ultimate responsibility for your health and that of your daughter lies with you!
    :beer-toast1:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    vaidehi71, Sandycandy and Nonya like this.
  8. Sweety2016

Sweety2016 Gold IL'ite

Dear shweta..

you are such a strong and loving mom. You have already started reaping the benefits of the pain you endured throughout! Your baby being clingy towards you..Research says, that is one of the direct ways by which a baby shows her affection towards her mom..
    Even yesterday, one lady at my workplace told, " your baby is becoming a shaitani". Though I hated it I smiled & said no no..she is a good girl.. and ignored her completely..Why on earth do everyone want to put others children down even at this tender age? When your friend says that his children are angels just smile and dont say anything..But if he dares to say anything negative about your baby dont give him room to put you down..We know how sweet, lovely our babies are..we dont need testimony from anybody..
    Take care of your health and watch on the medicines you are taking..
    Though my situation is not exactly like yours, I am a working mom of a 15 months old and me and H had to manage all alone with no help from mom and MIL..Though I feel bad most of the times, I hold on to the merit of raising my child on my own..What she has to eat, what she has to wear, where she has to go etc are all our decision now with no interference from our extended families..
    Also give the baby to H and take an hour off everyday to rejuvenate yourself..I wont suggest exercise, walk etc as I myself dont have any time for doing the same..So dont be hard on yourself..Do what you can and definitely things will fall in place..

Be it the most crazy day draining out all my energy, our group hug sessions before sleep de stress me completely...My small little world...

GeetaKashyap, shwetapj and Sandycandy like this.
  9. Anshika31

Anshika31 New IL'ite

Yes, the bonding starts slowly.. And don't worry, my mil was too excited, but did everything she could to make things difficult for me during pregnancy as well as after delivery. It would have been better if she had not been bothered.

10. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

u r a good mom. you have a lot of time to bond now