Just A Vent ! Dont Know Where To Go Or Whom To Talk To !!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Sinant, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Sinant

Sinant Silver IL'ite

To give a brief precap - We are a DINK couple. Not interested in having kids. Very much stable life in India. Staying in a joint family, very much caring, understanding and supportive in-laws. Staying nearby to my parents place as well. It happened so that I came to Australia on deputation in 2016 and eventually got our Permanent Residence done and hubby too is here now. He moved base in around Sept end last year quitting his job in India. He was fortunate to start on a new job Mid Nov. But, twist in the story !! His contract is ending by end on Feb. Being in a permanent job for almost a decade, somehow we are not able to get around the contract stuff. I know, and he is confident too that he would be able to find another job. But at times, it feels soooo frustrating and so helpless. The waiting time after applying for the jobs is sooo damn killing. All types of Qs run in mind - What if he is not able to find anything at all, what if my deputation ends and I have to travel back to India abruptly, what if he again gets a short term contract..So many what ifs !! Some times feel very scary and insecure. At times, feels really really homesick and just want to run back home forever. Just trying to be positive and optimistic, at the same time, cannot refrain from thinking worst case scenarios. Phewww !!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018

2. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

@Sinant,
    Job hunting is counted as one of the top 10 most stressful things in life. The uncertainty is killing.

So patience , patience and lots of patience.
    And in this era - adaptability is the key . You two are capable, well educated individuals - be open to change - you will sort this out. You may not know how or what - but trust yourself to find a way.

And be prepared for the mental yo-yo. One day you will be full of confidence , another day - doubts will claw you. Some roles seem such a perfect fit, some roles you may be short listed and you will be super optimistic. But then it slips away and you cant believe how that went , and it plunges you. When you are feeling really low - tell yourself , tomorrow I will think about this, not now.

Afterall , all you need is one role to bounce back.
    So hang in there. Be there to pull up each other when one feels frustrated.
    When what-ifs rear their head, go for a nice log jog /walk/ drive .

All the best!!

ashima10, Sinant, Anisu and 1 other person like this.
  3. radv

radv Gold IL'ite

Such a brilliant and positive approach you have suggested. I was thinking on same lines but could not put them in such matter of fact way.

Sinant likes this.
  4. Sinant

Sinant Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much for the motivation. You have exactly said about the shortlist part.. Sometimes, it so happens that when u look at the JD, feels like, its the exact match and there is no doubt of the CV being rejected. But, god only knows !! Sometimes, the other way round also happens... some requirements, where there is no perfect match, will be receiving interview call !!! Gosh !! So uncertain, makes sooo restless..

5. Sinant

Sinant Silver IL'ite

Yes, a positive response indeed !! In dire need of it. Hope to keep up our spirits high. Dont know when I may breakdown, it can be anywhere... like in the middle of a meeting, or while bathing, or while cooking.. Unable to cope up with it.. Hope is all we are left with.

6. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

This is life of most of h1 people in USA.

Uncertainty
    Instability
    Stress

Solution

Keep 6 months salary away as backup
    Keep updating new technology.

Since both are working it won't be long time issue.. All the best .

Sinant likes this.
  7. Sinant

Sinant Silver IL'ite

Yes I agree, that uncertainty is prevailing all over US !! Ufff... Although we have enough stash as backup, its very difficult to come to terms that we are 'unemployed'. Anyway, its just a vent, cant do much about it. But, feels very irritated and restless :persevere::persevere:

sumalynux likes this.