Join the club! Membership FREE !!

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Paulina, Dec 7, 2010.

1. prkrish

prkrish New IL'ite

Hi paul,

s, it is d same cat and d kittens. Wen i took d photo, kittens were just one weak old. She didnt allow anyone to go near her kittens except me. As a mother she was protecting her kittens.

She will be with them from morning till evening.But during nights, she goes out (i think to relax , meet her friends or to catch some preys ). My dad will lock d house my 10 p.m. she will go out through d window and comes by 12 or 1 p.m. Till tat her kittens will be either playing or sleeping.
    Once she enters d room, she will give a different sound. Its like "mamma has come kitties, wat r u doing, come near me". After hearing tat kittens will run to her and we can see a nice scene.(Full of love, embraces) She will feed them and they all go to sleep. As days passes , kittens became more naughty and they never allow my cat to sleep. They bite her tail, play with it wen she moves it.

As she is very tired after her night party with her friends, she doesnt like to play with them by tat time. Once she feeds them, she comes to my bed and sleep near me. I have to touch her forehead and talk to her few minutes, then she will go to sleep. poor kittens, will be wondering where her mom has gone?:(

As they grew, even they joined us in the night. we all four started to sleep in the bed.

2. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi prkrish,

Wonderful reading about your cat and kitties daily schedule specially at bedtime.What a cosy foursome you must have made in those happy times .
    Can well understand how much you miss them all .Your Mommy cat is very graceful ...a real beauty all golden in colour and expressive eyes ....you know who she reminds me of? the once popular actress SIMRAN !! :biglaugh
    No wonder she disapperas to visit her friends ....with her stunning looks she must be having a string of admirers !! But I have a feeling she will back to you when she has to bring forth her new batch of kittens into the world ...then she'll remember the loving care you lavished on her .Thats the trouble with cats.....unlike dogs ,they love to wander around more and are not territorial like dogs who stick to one master and home.Even if they wander they come back fast unless someone takes them by force seeing a good pedigreed dog.
    Thanks for the lovely pictures again....you are great with the camera angles too:thumbsup

3. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello all,

I'm starting with my First Dog : Mickey!

He entered my life when I was around 10years and left me after about 6years. But taught me what is love. He was a vegetarian and would eat food even if he don't likes it, but if my mom says : "Have Mickey, its good for your health!"!!!

Since he was the first one in our life, we were poor care takers.We din't vaccinate him and he died out of a Rabies attack. Even in the final stage, he kept himself alone, so that by mistake he wont bite us..... I still remember how the Vet had to give him the first and final injection of his life to put him to sleep.

Mickey.jpg

3 people like this.
  4. Paulina

Hi Yummy Custard!
    What a marvellous picture of your first pet dog.
    Reading about your cuddly adorable obedient first pet dog Mickey brought tears ....such a tragic end .He could have lived upto 10/12 if you had known earlier ....how come the Vet did not advise? And all your family were at risk too ....Mickey was truly a very understanding dog ...may he live happily in Gods greener pastures.

Do post more of all the pets you have had .I shall do so too.

5. prkrish

prkrish New IL'ite

hi paulina,

Ur words console me a lot and thanks for the appreciation:bowdown.
    Even i call her as "simran",cos she never put on weight. she was lean, so i used to compare her with simran and call her as slim beauty.:biglaugh

6. Paulina

Hi prkrish,

Now isn't that amazing ...I read your mind as it were and chose SIMRAN as her name !!:cheers
    Lets keep hoping that Simran will return soon.....meanwhile see if you can get a new Simran.That is what we do all the time .If one doggie departs we get another one and call by the same name to keep the memory alive and after some time we can reconcile to the loss of the earlier pet .I'll post pics of our earlier pets.

7. Paulina

Hi pals,

Just sharing a couple of pictures of the two little dear PomxSpitz pups we had years ago The male was called ROMEO and the female ofcourse was JULIET....christened by our elder daughter.
    They both came to us in 1995.Romeo graced our home till 2006 and JUliet stayed on till 2010April.
    Romeo used to be prone to eppileptic fits at the age of 10 and passed on at age 11 .
    Juliet left us after cardiac problems at the age of 14 yrs 7 months .Both gave us tons of happiness .
    Now we have our Lab Romeo and a Basset hound Julius in their places...their pics are in earlier posts.

The pictures here lack clarity because they have been reproduced from our old album .We had no digital cameras then! So no choice but this.
    We have good pics of JUliet after she grew up ....I'll post them next.

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Paulina

Here is photo of Lucky and her kids.

[​IMG]

We had the privilege of seeing five generations of cats in our house.Since they were female every year they used to deliver two, three times and when they become two months old we used to send them away. My children used to like them very much. We had kept two of the cats when the first cat delivered, one was a male and another one was a female. My children named the male one Mimosa because he never allowed to touch him and the other one Aiswarya because my husband felt she brought luck to us. We used to feel bad when she used to suffer from pain during her delivery. Then after some years both Aiswarya and Mimosa did not come back. From Aiswarya we kept her daughter with us , who was named by us Thukudu. She also left us after some years and we had her daughter Lucky , who was there till recently and her two kids two , we had to leave them as we shifted our house.

They used to have crispy dosas, vefars. Aiswarya was my husband's pet, actually all the cats were my husband's pets. He used to treat them as his own children. Aiswarya used to have dahi rice and that too my husband should make it in his plate and feed her. Lucky was very much attached to me as when she was born I was retired. She used to sleep on my shoulder. Many people who used to come to ourhouse never used to like the cats being in our house. They are also animals if given love and affection they become part of the family.

Thanks Paulina, I copied and pasted here.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  9. keethi

keethi Silver IL'ite

God!! your kittens are awesome.It is such a good feeling to sleep near the pets.I have not got that chance.Dad is lille strict that my cats will not enter the home when he is inside.

Paulina,

I would like to share one experience.Before some years,a cat was living in our flat.It was grown by a family in upstairs.It is so clever that it goes to everyone's home.Even some ppl who dont like cats will allow her.It has its own timetable.Daily evening, it comes to my home to drink milk and sit sometime nearby me.She will sleep in my neighbours home.She just goes near the closed door and give a sound meow meow , the lady inside will come and open the door.It will look asthough a human being has knocked the door for her.I understood for the first time that these cats too need a helping hand.

Thank you for bringing out our experiences with pets dear paulina.:thumbsup

Looking forward to hear others experiences too.:cheers

Regards,
    Radhika:)

10. prkrish

prkrish New IL'ite

Hi custard,

Your dog mickey's picture is very nice. But its unfortunate tat u didnt vaccinate it. I can understand how hard it would be for u, wen d vet vaccinated him to go sleep. Im sure mickey will be in heaven and thanking god for giving him such a nice family who poured tons of love on him.

Hi paulina,

Ur romeo and juliet is too cute. they r looking like white angels . eagerly waiting for ur juliet's picture