Job Pressure

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Indhradhanu, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Indhradhanu

Indhradhanu Silver IL'ite

I joined my new job around 4 months back and I am not happy being there. The main reasons are below

1.I am assigned to a new kind of work, which is like I was working for construction (for about 9 years) and now stepped in to design field. But at the time of interview I am told that I will be given enough support and training. I was interviewed by the Director of the Department.

2.There are some areas where I have no exposure at all, and neither a senior nor a colleague is there to help me out in my office. Ultimately the team is very small, and the team members are placed in different offices across the region. And I am forced to attend and lead meetings all alone where I struggle to give inputs. Later I came to know, a colleague (only team member before us) who is now in another office have locked horns with the Director and hence I was appointed to replace her from all the major projects regardless of my background to this position. The handing over was also in a quick pace and she has been zoned out from all projects of that region giving some made up reasons to the management.

3.I am not in a senior position and directly reporting to the Director of the department. And the person is not at all open for any discussions. She is always in a very busy mode all the time and the communication through emails itself is not easy to understand. Ultimately, I am not getting the support I was told and at most of the times I must figure out how things work here, by contacting people from other organization who work in the similar field. And again, I have lot of restrictions here as I cannot ask some basics and waste their time for my benefit. Since it takes time for me to complete a task this is affecting the project managers who expect a super quick work from an experienced person from the domain. They were not told that I am doing this for the first time and I don’t know whether I can tell them. I am in touch with my colleagues on other regions and they face the same problem as me and they are all newly appointed too.

4.The coworkers who are from other departments are also not so friendly. I was completely fine to leave my previous job but after joining here I started missing my earlier job and kind of regret feeling started to build up. My first day at this company was bad, no one talked to me. I was looking for a glass to have some water from pantry and no one knows where they can find an extra glass. So, I must go out and grab a bottle of water and come back. The Director didn’t not introduce to any of the key team members although she took me to her boss and VP. And the funny thing is I was assigned to a work on the very first day and there were no backgrounds or reference for the kind of report I have to make. I mean I am not told from where I can take out the information and what I should be working on. Likewise, the tasks are thrown at us even though they can help out to at least clarify what should be done.

Really confused whether I should continue in this stressed situation or to start looking out for other jobs. Company and my boss is employee friendly. I don’t want to stay at home for the time being. It is not so easy to get a job in my domain. No one even calls for interview. Even if somebody calls for an interview I don’t know what reason I should give them for looking out a job in a such a short period of time after accepting a new job.

What would you do if you were in my situation?

2. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Dear Op

It's not easy to switch company in small interval. You have already spent 4 months into this. Now your condition must be much better than the first day. Try to convey your problems to your team leader and ask for some help or tell him to appoint a mentor who can guide you when needed. This way other employees will also not get affected and you can discuss everything in brief to your mentor.

Or if there is some learning about this online then you can give time to that too. Work area make us learn more than that we get to know from books.

Just try hard and discuss your problems that's only

Giri12 likes this.