Job offer in Tanzania - Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Indians in Africa' started by swt.charu, Feb 19, 2014.

1. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

A very close relative of mine has got a job offer in Tanzania...

I wanted to know

1) Is the place safe?

2) Is there good medical facilities available?

3) The salary offered is $3000 + accommodation. Is this a good salary? How is the cost of living there?

4) Anything that a person coming from India should know about the place?

Looking forward eagrely to your replies..

2. s7april

s7april Senior IL'ite

Hi Charu

My next door neighbor is working in Tanzania only.He works in a Hospital laboratory over there.If u want, i can put your queries to his wife tomorrow morning.

Regards
    Shweta

3. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    though we have not lived in Tanzania but our company has branches & factory there & few of my friends got transferred there.

I have lived in neighbouring Uganda for 4 yrs & in my opinion it is worth every second of my life spent there.......you can see my thread about it on this forum.

people have negative opinion about Africa but if you want to live like kings this is the place to be.

regarding the offer.i have no personal experience but
    1.salary is good & if the guy has other benefits like medical ,annual air fare for whole family ,office car that would be additional help. can negotiate on these points.

2.everything does not has to be judged in terms of salary & comfort which is plus but keep in mind
    Tanzania is world famous for its Safari(thousands of people come specially to visit them & your relative will have chance to experience that), has 2nd largest lake in world ,is well connected to neighbouring East African countries, visa is on arricval(very convenient if you want to invite relatives ,friends), has large Indian population ,easy availability of Indian food items ,boast moderate climate......

in my view it is worth ,otherwise your friend can decide for himself.

1 person likes this.
  4. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

Apologies for a very late response...

Thank you very much for your feed back Mahajanpragati... that was very helpful..

feeling a lot more comfortable..

and waiting to visit my relative and see the lake and safari..