job in UK

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by vinayaji, Oct 8, 2012.

1. vandanasrinivas

vandanasrinivas Silver IL'ite

hii swaroo..

i checked PM..i will revert back asap...thanq dear

2. soujanya825

soujanya825 Senior IL'ite

Hi Vandana and swaroop,

I am sorry i couln't reply to any of your posts :(

I am currently in india i will be back on May 17th and then i will freshly start on my job search again.

I was just confused what to answer when consultants ask why there is 1.3 years gap in your career? Could you please help me with this.

Regards,
    Soujanya

3. achu1

achu1 Silver IL'ite

I started my job search in UK from sep 2010, but till time no luck. Since I was a teacher in India, I wasted so much time finding jobs in this field. After a long research about what to study and how to proceed without anyone to guide made us believe that it is difficult to get a job here. Now I am thinking of change my job search title. I am a M.Phil graduate in Mathematics. Can anyone suggest me what are the areas I can search job other than teaching. I am glad to do some courses and then do search. But dont know which field has more scope and opportunities. Please help.

4. vandanasrinivas

HIi swaroo..
    H r u??
    h is ur health..i sent u msg..check and reply back..thanqq

5. vandanasrinivas

Hii soujanya..

h r u??
    u can tell them abt ur baby..(my baby is grown up now sooo i want to start my career again) something like this..i think most of them will consider dis..

njoy ur trip...

byee

6. dkv

dkv New IL'ite

• hi All,
      I am from India.I am going to uk,nottingam next month (dependent visa).My husband is working there.I have 3 year work experience in java from an MNC.How is the current job market for Java in UK.Can someoneone plz help me on this.My experience is in struts,j2ee,hibernate,java,sql. What should be the best way to find a job quickly?

7. LostSoulUK

LostSoulUK Senior IL'ite

Hello All,

I am too in the same boat, searching for Job here in UK from past 1 year..NO LUCK. I am really tierd, frustrated and feel like giving up. I am an IT professional with 8 years of experience in Sales/Marketing operations. I have no clue what to do. My DH is earning okay. We are managing but have to be so careful while spending for anything. Hoping to get something. My DH says start learning programming language..but again, when there isn't much opportinuties for freshers with double degree, I feel there is no way I can get a Job with no experience as a Software programmer.

All the Best for everyone here.

Sarika

8. vandanasrinivas

Hii dkv...read this below information given by Mrsprasadh...

I have few more options, Just try this steps also.

1. You can apply directly in company website : Take this as your full time job to figure out companies of your relevant skills and apply in their website directly. Keep to go through the website to check out new openings.

2. Volunteer: Apply for relevant companies as a volunteer and gain UK experience. 2 - 3 months of work experience in UK is more than enough for you to apply for other positions. Target jobs closure to your area so that you need not spent money on travel and other expenses. This has worked out for many job seekers like us. I understand it is difficult to work as volunteer after gaining so much of experience, but take this in a positive spirit to gain knowledge of different work culture.

3. Post CV: post your profile on all top job search website in UK. I am listing out some of them as I feel this suits to apply for your skill sets.

1. Find Jobs. Build a Better Career. Find Your Calling | Monster Job Site
    2. Jobs, Careers and Recruitment on the UK's #1 job site | reed.co.uk
    3. Jobs | Job Search with the UK's leading Job Board | CV-Library.co.uk
    4. JobSearch - Search for UK & London Jobs from Top Employers
    5. www.fish4jobs.co.uk
    6. IT jobs | Permanent & contract IT careers | The UK IT Jobs Board at CWJobs.com
    7. IT Jobs - The Technical IT Job Board at Technojobs UK
    8. IT Jobs: UK Contract and Permanent IT Jobs | The IT Job Board UK
    9. Public Sector Jobs from publicsectorcareers.org - the public sector job board
    10. IT Jobs - The Technical IT Job Board at Technojobs UK
    11. www.career.stackoverflow.com

You can find out some more useful website while applying.
    Don't give up and try every other possible option to get job.

Regards,
    Anitha Prasadh[/QUOTE]

9. vandanasrinivas

Hii dkv...read this below information given by Mrsprasadh...

I have few more options, Just try this steps also.

1. You can apply directly in company website : Take this as your full time job to figure out companies of your relevant skills and apply in their website directly. Keep to go through the website to check out new openings.

2. Volunteer: Apply for relevant companies as a volunteer and gain UK experience. 2 - 3 months of work experience in UK is more than enough for you to apply for other positions. Target jobs closure to your area so that you need not spent money on travel and other expenses. This has worked out for many job seekers like us. I understand it is difficult to work as volunteer after gaining so much of experience, but take this in a positive spirit to gain knowledge of different work culture.

3. Post CV: post your profile on all top job search website in UK. I am listing out some of them as I feel this suits to apply for your skill sets.

1. Find Jobs. Build a Better Career. Find Your Calling | Monster Job Site
    2. Jobs, Careers and Recruitment on the UK's #1 job site | reed.co.uk
    3. Jobs | Job Search with the UK's leading Job Board | CV-Library.co.uk
    4. JobSearch - Search for UK & London Jobs from Top*Employers
    5. fish4jobs | UK jobs and London jobs | Job adverts, finding staff
    6. IT jobs | Permanent & contract IT careers | The UK IT Jobs Board at CWJobs.com
    7. IT Jobs - The Technical IT Job Board at Technojobs UK
    8. IT Jobs: UK Contract and Permanent IT Jobs | The IT Job Board UK
    9. Public Sector Jobs from publicsectorcareers.org - the public sector job board
    10. IT Jobs - The Technical IT Job Board at Technojobs UK
    11. www.career.stackoverflow.com

You can find out some more useful website while applying.
    Don't give up and try every other possible option to get job.

Regards,
    Anitha Prasadh[/QUOTE]

1 person likes this.
  10. vandanasrinivas

Hii shaila,

I am also looking for Testing jobs...please do send PM for me..

Thanqq