Jesus, The Prince of Peace

Discussion in 'Our Community' started by Sarah61212, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Sarah61212

Sarah61212 Silver IL'ite

You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! (Isaiah 26:3)
    Those who trust in God will have great peace.

There lived a king who was a hunchback. Hence he was going through much agony. He wanted to find a remedy for his defect. So He commanded his assistants to make a statue of him in an erect position.

Accordingly, they made his statue in a standing posture. Every day, the king would stand before his statue and try to look at it, and thus slowly he became erect. His hunchback disappeared and he became very happy.

In the same way, we must also look at the face of Lord Jesus, who gave up His own life on the cross as a supreme sacrifice for us, and get united with Him. Then we will not only receive His divine nature but also the divine peace granted by Him.

The Bible states, “Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness” (James 3:18).

When we look at the world and the worldly people, we will only be attracted by the worldly things and receive only the worldly nature. Above all, we will also lose our peace completely. Hence let us cling on to Lord Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace, in order to receive divine peace.

The Bible says, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6,7). It adds, “You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you” (Isaiah 26:3).

As stated in the above Bible verses, when you cling on to God, you will automatically receive the peace granted by Him. All the worldly worries, burdens and fears will disappear.

The Bible advises, “Make every effort to live in peace with all men” (Hebrews 12:14; Romans 12:18). According to the above mentioned Scripture verse, try to live in peace with everyone. The Lord will certainly grant you the necessary grace to lead a peaceful life.

Lord Jesus You are the Prince of Peace. I turn to You for peace and comfort. I present my requests to You. I trust in You. Impart your divine nature to me. Grant me your divine peace. Let all my worries, burdens and fears disappear in your powerful name. Grant me your grace to live in peace with everyone.
    Amen.

2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

That was a lovely post, Sarah. The prayer was just too good. Thanks for sharing. -rgs

3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Sarah,

That was a really nice post, uplifting too. I needed some spiritual reassurance, reaffirmation after I saw the movie 'The Reaping' last night. I think this is the way of the universe to tell me thru you to hold on to faith. Peace to you too

4. Sarah61212

Sarah61212 Silver IL'ite

Good to know that ur all encouraged, god bless you

5. cedantseq

cedantseq New IL'ite

amen, god bless u and family too