1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Jadoo Box/Jadoo TV

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Riyasmommy, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Does anyone use a Jadoo Box to watch live Indian TV? We went to an Indian store yesterday and they were carrying this. It sounded good but not sure what the reviews are and if they really work. We have direct TV and don't get many Indian channels.

Thanks for your input.
    Raj

Similar Threads
    1. alpers
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. airdeals

airdeals New IL'ite

Last I had checked, it did not have any good live channel list. Do you see the channel list on the site now?

3. Hansi

Hansi New IL'ite

hi,
    one of my friend have jadoo,she told me that it's around 250$to buy that we don't need to pay monthly.she said all indian channels are coming.she watches only hindi i don't know about onther languages.

bye

4. neerrali

neerrali Senior IL'ite

Hi,

We have been using Jadoo since the past one year and it is had been a blessing for us. We get almost all the indian channels (hindi) there are quite a few channels for other regional languages too but havent really checked them out. Plus they are quick to upload all the latest hindi movies apart from sports channels and stuff. It has been a really good experience for us so far.

Oh btw they have also launched jadoo2 now ddnt see many changes but fast net - good youtube and they said vid quality is good.

Hope this helps.

5. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Do you connect jadoo box directly to TV or is it thru laptop/computer? Or are these just streaming channels thru internet? Can any of you please guide??

Thanks, Indu...

6. neerrali

neerrali Senior IL'ite

Yes it is to be connected to your tv, n it streams all the channels you subscribe for in your account. Fairly simple

7. reverie

reverie New IL'ite

Don't buy Jadoo..It is a ripoff...Also it is illegal...They don't have a single licensed Channel...All the Indian channels have sued them...slowly it has shutdown most channels...Instead go with DISH or DirectTV...If you can't get those 2 get a $5 S cable from bestbuy & connect your laptop to TV...That is what Jadoo does..or use PS2 to watch....
    Whatever you do don't buy Jadoo...You will regret it soon...

8. whateverso

whateverso New IL'ite

Hello everyone,
    First review for a Desi community. I am a desi myself btw.
    I’ve bought my JadooTV 2 a few days ago and this is what I’ve noticed so far…

Equipment I’m using with Jadoo TV:
    Pakistani/Indian channels are coming in okay. For few channels, quality is not acceptable but for the most channels quality is okay to sharp granted that I have a high tech HD Sony LCD Bravia XBR7 TV and I’m using Onkyo TX SR705 receiver (which converts most streaming videos/meda to 1080p or close to that quality) but still I think some of the channels quality is not acceptable. Resolution is also a little bit issue on a 40” LCD but can be manage in your TV settings and/or Jadoo TV box.

I think for the most part I am happy with JadooTV 2. One thing I have noticed if you connect to your wireless network it is slow and you will see more buffering prompts and if you connect with CAT5 network cable then you might not see that much of buffering messages. I don’t have N router. I have a G Linksys wireless router but my Jadoo TV is connected to my router directly (Wired connection).

Price and Connection Speed:
    I’ve bought my JadooTV 2 for $263.00 out the door from eBay and it worked out nicely.
    My connection speed is 10Mbps (download speed) and I have a cable connection.

Setup and Customer Service Experience:
    I have not had any customer service experience because setup was a piece of cake. All you have to do is register your Jadoo TV on their website and start using it right away. Not a complicated process. It is very easy and user friendly.

Movies and Other Media Quality:
    I think Jadoo TV paid more attention to quantity verses quality. Any Bollywood movie you can think of, it has it but again quality is not that great. Few movies are okay quality but not great. I have tested few old releases like 3idiots thinking it is a couple of years old and Jadoo TV might offer an original print but I was disappointed and quality was VCD. New movies are not of a great quality either but it has all the new movies you can think of it like I have mentioned above. I would still be renting it on DVDs I usually don’t like pirated movies anyways.

9. aparnanc

aparnanc Bronze IL'ite

A couple of my friends have Jadoo tv. Some are happy with it while others have issues. The most common complaint is that the channels seem to disappear often.

The main thing to stress here is that they are illegally streaming the channels. They do not have the authorization to stream any of the content. The movies are mainly consolidated from the various online websites. If you wait for 1-2 weeks you can usually get better quality movies on youtube itself.

None of the streams are HD or crystal clear. If you watch a lot of serials, and don't really worry about the clarity, then go for Jadoo. If on the other hand you are planning to use it to mainly watch movies, you are better off connecting your laptop to the TV and streaming movies through that.

10. meenasabraham

meenasabraham New IL'ite

Hi! We bought the Jadoo box online for $ 250. Had been using it for almost a year. We were very happy when we bought it as we could watch a lot of Indian channels in Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Punjabi, and many other languages. We enjoyed watching Telugu movies and serials in Gemini TV, Teja TV, Maa Tv, TV9 etc. We were able to watch the world cup cricket live for some time but since March we have not been getting any of these channels. Even some of the world cup cricket matches were later not shown live. We were thankful that they telecast the world cup finals. I hope they provide us the Indian channels again.