Ivf with icsi

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Sunshinebeauty, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Sunshinebeauty

Sunshinebeauty Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,

Next week I will be doing my first ivf with icsi.
    From the consent form they gave I came to know there are chances of birth defects if we do icsi. After reading about this I'm so tensed and scared.
    Please give your views and advice.

2. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

Hi sunshine
    I underwent Ivf with Icsi and as far as my knowledge is concerned reg this I don't think such things happen. I am a mother of twin babies concv thru this method though they were premature born . Touchwood they are dg good now. They are like norml babies
    Best of luck to u

3. subakutty

subakutty Platinum IL'ite

Hi sunshinebeauty

I think almost same consent form will be given to all IVF patients. isn't? So don't worry. if you get pregnant with ICSI, Through your pregnancy they will check including chromosomal abnormalities for any birth defects, fetus weight, like that. Mostly in ICSI or IVF, these types are abnormalities is very rare, will be only 1% or 0.5% as far as i know. So don't worry.

if any abnormalities there, they will consult you and your husband about this.

4. Sunshinebeauty

Thanks a lot RamyaSridar and Suba, yours words gave me confident. Hope this Icsi should give success to me in this ttc journey.

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sunshine beauty,
    All the best to your IVF! Hope all will go well!
    I do believe IVF-ICSI won't produce such defects! Mostly all consent forms will contain all possible effects. So, try to stay positive!
    Sticky baby dust to you!

6. vini31

vini31 Gold IL'ite

consent forms are same across, basically the clinic plays is real safe. in icsi the best looking sperm is picked n inserted into the ova, the ova once pierced closes in less than 30 secs the remaining process is as a natural pregnancy so % of genetic defect is same as that of natural concept ... in fact it is lesser than natural pregnancy ...
    so chill !!! :)

7. Sunshinebeauty

Thanks Vasu and Vini31 for the encouraging words and wishes.

8. Sunshinebeauty

Hi,
    My first IVF-ICSI got failed. I lost all my hopes, feeling very low.
    Im planning to do my 2nd fresh ICSI, Please friends can you share some of your success stories.

9. subakutty

subakutty Platinum IL'ite

Hi sunshinebeauty

sorry for the failed IVF-ICSI. I understand your feelings because i was in your stage four months ago. before planning for next IVF-ICSI, try to be stress free and be calm, hear any music you like. You are in my prayers

10. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

Please try and divert your mind into something else. I know it would be very frustrating, as it is mentally drainful.

I have a friend who went for IVF with ICSI and has a cute boy running around now.. Dont worry ! Things will work out soon. All the best ! Sticky Baby Dust to you !!!!