IVF - Need some advice

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by mrudula, Mar 19, 2007.

1. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

@Anusha2917 I am talking about laproscopy surgery.Without surgery is it possible to conceive with endometriosis and low AMH.

Anusha2917 likes this.
  2. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Oh.. Okay.. Laproscopy is a small surgery.
    I had undergone it. I didn't have endoetriosis though. Just a pin hole camera was inserted and reproductive organs were viewed. Then the hole was punched like how we use a strapler at home.
    With 2 3 days rest I could resume my exercises. So don't get worried about the surgery. It's a minor one and not painful.
    If your doctor has suggested go ahead with it. Low AMH is an indication of low ovarian reserve. During IVF the doctors will try to retrieve maximum number of eggs so that few which fertilised can be frozen and used in future.
    So discuss with your doctor how you can increase your AMH.
    For emdometriosis no harm is going for laproscopy.
    There's a thread where a lot of discussion keeps happening on AmH. Let me find that thread and tag you there. Surely someone can give you better inputs.
    Good luck dear. Hope you conceive soon. :)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    pihu123 and Amulet like this.
  3. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

Not much and definitely not as painful as a C section.My cousin feared a lot and felt little pain/discomfort after the procedure. She had to go for another retrieval after a couple of months which was not painful at all. I remember her saying that relaxing is the key. Good luck.

4. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Thanks @Anusha2917 for detailed explanation.Thank you for explaining the process of laproscopy in short.How is the recovery after the procedure? can i do household work after the operation?

Anusha2917 likes this.
  5. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Thanks @kveena for your reply.Did you cousin conceived after IVF process was done? Little discomfort means ?

6. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Yes u can.. I didn't take bed rest. Was back to cooking in the kitchen the next day. Within 2 days all normal activities you can resume. As I mentioned I was back to gym to do normal exercises. After a week they asked me to go to hospital to remove that pin. Strapler kind. Even when they removed that pin it was totally painless.

pihu123 likes this.
  7. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

Yes, mild pain.Talk to your RE to clear all your doubts, he/she will educate you about the entire process. Each case is dealt differently by an RE depending on how the patient responds to medicines.All the best.

pihu123 likes this.
  8. pavitra177

pavitra177 Senior IL'ite

All the best JLL... Hope you get to hold your LO soon.
    Not sure about the relationship between into infertility and insulin.. My advice would be to trust your doctor , ask your Dr your questions.. Google adds to the confusion and stress. Try and be calm and cheerful during the 2 week wait. My wishes and prayers are with you

Neeti114 likes this.
  9. Neeti114

Neeti114 Bronze IL'ite

Hi @Pavithra1997 , @Anusha2917 & @pumpkin01

How are you all?
    My blood test came out positive, beta hcg was 6200.
    I have done with the first scan also. But baby's heart beat is very low, and doc called me after 1 week for scan to see the progress. I am 6 week pregnent.
    As per doc : Feeble cardiac activity is seen in fetus.
    I m really worried, what are the chances to improve the heart beats. Does is happens normally in IVF? Pls help.
    Thanks.

Anusha2917 likes this.
  10. pavitra177

pavitra177 Senior IL'ite

Congrats Neeti... Very happy for you!
    Wish you a safe and peaceful pregnancy ahead