IVF - Need some advice

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by mrudula, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Savithakumar

Savithakumar New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

This is savitha (25). We have male fertility problem and have started with the IVF cycle. today is my day 6 of stimulation and Doc said the follicles are not as big as expected and that i'm responding slow to the medication. so now the doc has increased the dosage for next 2 days and going in for another Ultrasound day after tomo. any idea what is the expected size of follicle on day 6? I have a total of 16 follicles but they are not big enough is what the doc says. Need your advice and prayers. Better if someone could post their success stories. Suggestions, advice and motivation are welcome.

PS:Anyone here travelling in the same boat??

Thanks,
    Savitha

2. wish4miracle

wish4miracle Silver IL'ite

i don't have a success story yet, i had a failed cycle and in break now. however i couldn't just move off the thread without letting u know that no of follicle is not so important when compared to quality. Numbers does help to freeze extra embryos. All you need is one good quality egg and you can find successful stories here with one good embryo.

i think most doctors wont reveal the expected follicle size for the cycle day. but don't wrap your mind around it, as i was told the same but i had 9 eggs retrieved. Go with the flow as your doctor knows best.

Also ur doc has upped ur dosage, u will get the necessary size by that time of egg retrieval. Add more protein to your food - chickpeas, egg whites. Relax and be positive. Wish u best. My prayers are with u.

Savithakumar likes this.
  3. zarnish1983

zarnish1983 New IL'ite

Hi ,

I am 34 year old and live in Bnagalore . our reposrt are norml and we have unexplained infertilty . We tried 2 IUI but no luck ... We are not sure we should go for IUI or IVF ? If anyone who has got IVF doen in Bnaglore please suggest good center.

Zarnish

4. Savithakumar

Savithakumar New IL'ite

Thank you so much for ur prayers dear.. Wat u said is so true.. I had good size aft increasing the dosage.. I'm sorry abt ur failed ivf.. The next cycle will definitely be a success.. And I'm waiting for ur success story..
    Savitha

5. Neeti114

Neeti114 Bronze IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

I have started the IVF cycle. As of now I have taken 10 stimulation injection. Today I will go for Ultrasound. any idea what is the expected size of follicle required for extration ? I have approx 18 follicles of 15mm largest size.

Better if someone could post their experience , Suggestions and advice.

6. Neeti114

Neeti114 Bronze IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

I have started the IVF cycle. As of now I have taken 10 stimulation injection. Today I will go for Ultrasound. any idea what is the expected size of follicle required for extration ? I have approx 18 follicles of 15mm largest size.

Better if someone could post their experience , Suggestions and advice.

7. Neeti114

Neeti114 Bronze IL'ite

Hi ILs,
    I will be given trigger shot Today and ovum pickup is scheduled for 21 Jan.

Should I go for egg freezing and FET in next cycle? Will it increase the chance for success?

Ladies pls revert. If anyone is going thru IVF process, pls join me. We can share our doubts & views and travel together in this path.

8. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Dear @Neethi114,

After your egg pick up is done, your doctor will decide MA whether they want to go with fresh transfer or frozen transfer. Various things like your lining thickness, progesterone Harmone level will be checked and decided .

Please do as per advice of your doctor. They are the best who can assess the situation depending on their experience and judgement.
    There is no definite success rate of fresh cycle Vs frozen embryo transfer .
    Although for me fresh cycle didn't work and a frozen transfer after 3 months gave success.
    If you are feeling anxious this cycle with egg pick up convey to your doctor about it. They will surely help you out to decide.

Good luck and stay positive.

Thank you,
    Anusha

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  9. Neeti114

Neeti114 Bronze IL'ite

Dear @Anusha2917
    First of all, many congratulations for your success. Have a healthy and happy pregnancy. Take care of yourself n ur little one

Thankyou very much for your advice. My Ovum pickup is done today and my doc called me after 3 day to discuss the further process. And that will totally depends upon the condition of embryos.
    And as per your advice I am going to follow the doc's instruction only.
    Thankyou once again.

Anusha2917 likes this.
  10. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Follicles do not all start at the same size nor do they all grow at the same speed so IVF ovary will have follicles of many different sizes. For most women folliclesbetween 15-22mm in size will give us a mature egg 80% of the time when we perform an egg retrieval procedure.

Above quote is from net. It's so true.

I had failed ivf (dint grow correctly)

2nd if successful. With FET. But 1st transfer of 2nd if had failed.

So two things.

When dose increased follicles start growing and anything around 18mm is
    Good.

If u have more follicles they will store for FET in case 1st fails.

Main thing during IVF cycle is relaxation.

Watch comedy movies.
    Go for walk
    Talk to friends ( different topics)
    Go to temple.