Ivf/fet - Need Support

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Haritha123, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Haritha123

Haritha123 Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends,

I have been a silent reader of indusladies for quiet a while now and have always been amazed , felt happy reading the responses by fellow iltes. Hoping to get some support to calm my mind.

I have been married for 10 years now and struggling with infertility. Myself 35 and dh 38.
    I have undergone 3 FET and never been pregnant. My hcg levels have always been less than .1 .
    Going for FET this month Jan 22 and i am having sleepless nights and tensed thinking about the outcome.
    My family and in laws are eagerly waiting .After 3 failure i did undergo a series of tests like HLT, ERGA ...all were
    painful and expensive procedures , but i was very determined to fight infertility and have a baby of our own.
    As the dates are nearing i am feeling very tensed. Sometimes i feel really positive but sometimes i lose it.
    both my parents and in laws are aged and they are very much waiting . I feel like all eyes are watching me now especially because
    in my in-laws side two couples conceived through IVF recently. so i feel like i am pressurized . Moreover i work and stay in middle east
    and in laws have been forcing us to quit our jobs and continue in india for the treatment and then later come back. But since IVF is an expensive
    procedure we cannot afford to quit our jobs .

Any ideas/suggestions to keep calm and maintain sanity

2. Giri12

Giri12 Gold IL'ite

Hav faith in god. Do some meditation and pranayam. Visualization can also help. All d best for ur treatment. Dnt overthink about d outcome. Everything will be all right

3. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

I conceived my son through ivf.

Couple of clomid sessions.
    Miscarriage
    Couple of iui
    Discontinued 1st ivf ( eggs don't grow properly)
    2nd ivf failed
    Then fet(from 2nd ivf)successful.

All took close to 3yrs.

I took lots of breaks for trips movies restaurants to maintain sanity.

Visited all temples n did all vratham anyone mentioned to me.

Never quit my job to be occupied and also save lot of money for multiple try.
    (Took work from homes during ivf 2ww n all)

Don't keep thinking about it always. Let doctors take care of procedures just take care of saving money, relax your self, eat healthy food.

It will happen. Baby dust to you.

Haritha123 likes this.
  4. harithab

harithab Silver IL'ite

Hi Haritha,

Be calm and do not overthink about the outcome.
    Pray to God..I hope this new year brings to you good news .
    Stay positive and blessed. :innocent:

Haritha123 likes this.
  5. Haritha123

Haritha123 Bronze IL'ite

Thanku so much for the kind words dear .... yes I am positive

6. Haritha123

Haritha123 Bronze IL'ite

Thanku suma for taking time to reply ... this means a lot to me thanku so much ... stories such gives me immense courage and strength to move forward...

sumalynux likes this.
  7. Haritha123

Haritha123 Bronze IL'ite

Thanku haritha for kind words ... your replies mean a lot to me ... thanku

8. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Dear @Haritha123 ,

Hang in there ma . "this too shall pass". I have also been through that and experienced worst things.
    Now my FET has succeeded to pregnancy. These may help you .
    1) Be positively occupied. Read some books, hear to shlokas of God . I read books on Sai baba and trust me I felt less scared after reading that. I used to tell him you only have to take care further. Whatever outcome you give I will whole heatedly accept it. I am sure you will give me strength to to face the outcome. I never asked give me positive result. I said him if it's negative give me and family strength to face it.
    2)go for walks to parks or in your apartment lobby. Talk to people a friend or your mother sister or husband anyone at least for 20 mins . Never be alone for too long.
    3) during my TWW after FET I used to dedicate 30 mins in the morning and 30 mins in the evening to obsess about the outcome. In that 30 Mins I did all negative thinking ,googling symptoms, what next after failed cycle etc. I used to feel guilty but it's only 30 mins na dear so it's okay. After alarm rings for 30 I used to switch mind.
    4)in between the day If I'm scared or anything I used to chant God's name. If I chant in mind I will lose focus n go back to negative thinking. So I used to chant loudly. Means through my mouth and not in mind. After sometime I realized those thoughts vanished unknowingly.
    5)When I have felt extremely scared I have even let my thoughts come out. I used to be like "Yes what if it's negative, should that be end of world? What if my aged parents or in laws cannot see my child.? That is not my problem. Because I have done everything from my side to bring that child to this world . If still it didn't happen that is not my fault or problem right. " like this I have couple of times let me emotions come out. Trust me it makes us feel better.
    6) After getting up n washing face I set alarm for 15 or 20 mins , I do om kara 5 times and 60-100 breathe in and breathe out slowly. Then I tell positive affirmations to myself . Like my body does not have problem , it is capable of taking this pregnancy , I will hold my healthy baby in my hand, I will do that, do this. Like everything related positive to pregnancy and baby. Positive affirmations. Whatever sentence u tell u should imagine that in mind. Or sit with your husband ask him to tell ,u sit or lie down and just do visualization. Trust me it is most effective thing to stay positive during this time .

In spite of all this still I have felt extremely emotional . Most importantly forgive yourself for whatever it is.

All the best and my prayers are with you .
    Let me know if you try any of the above helped you.

Regards,
    Anusha

Giri12 and Haritha123 like this.
  9. Haritha123

Haritha123 Bronze IL'ite

Anusha dear first of all congrats and sincerely wishing you happy and healthy pregnancy ahead ...god bless you dear ... as I was reading your post I had tears in my eyes bcoz someone unknown taking effort to reply thank you so so much dear .... will try your tips definitely .... I am traveling to Kerala, India today and fet will be scheduled within 23 rd Jan . I am already feeling motivated and positive to face this challenge . Yes I am going for it! Thank you so much anusha ! Will keep updated

10. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Awesome. Also once you go to Kerala, when you get time start going through Bettina Rae you tube videos . She's a yoga teacher n has Yoga videos. But in addition to that she has a lot motivational talks for pregnancy. I learnt visualization technique from her videos. They are small less than 20 mins videos . You don't have to do yoga but her other videos are truly inspiring and daily I watch one video and get motivated .

We got this together dear. Don't give up. I can even help you in personal chat. If you need to talk to someone do ping me.

Take care .

Mommytobe21 likes this.