Ivf - Every Baby Deserves Its Mother - Please Be Careful.

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by sbonigala, Aug 26, 2016.

1. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

Hi friends,

I have been a member of IL from many years. I have contributed in many other forums but have never contributed in pregnancy related ones.
    I always believe that children are a blessing and its such a beautiful gift that each of us want it and we prepare ourselves to go any lengths to have kids.This is purely my belief and I am not here to argue about the validity of my opinion.

Mother is the integral part of any life , any where. Isn't she ?
    But in this rush of trying to become a mother, it is incorrect if we forget to care little for our health and life.
    After the kid is born, it is more important that mother maintains good health to be able to take care of the kid.

All of you who are going for IVF, please do read through each of the side effects. Please do. Its boring to read, but still read.
    When something bad is listed as a side effect - we usually pass it off thinking, " if it was so dangerous, why would so many people opt for it, it may have been listed just for some reason, it wont happen to me anyway if I listen to my doc, so that's okay" Every damn side effect is REAL its not fake. It can happen to anyone regardless.

I am writing down a real life incident , long story cut-short.
    I have a friend who went for IVF and gave birth to twin boys, 3-4 weeks later she passed away with a massive heart stroke. She is one of the healthiest person i have ever known who watched what she ate, counted her steps while walking etc - all because she wanted kids.
    She went for IVF. and due to high medicine dosage - she passed away with massive heart stroke even before she could reach the doctors - she stays 10 mins (by walk) away from the hospital, in a city like Hyderabad.

We are all still recovering from the shock.We are not sure if the side effects were discussed thoroughly enough. Her husband has gone numb. He is in a shock still.

When there are so many women going for IVF - and when I know it poses risk - I could not stop posting it here. Every baby deserves its mother. I lost my mum when I was 18. I know what does "loss of mom" means.

Please ladies , be careful.
    Ask questions, read online, read books, there is so much information available on IVF. please DON'T TAKE THINGS FOR GRANTED. PLEASE.

you can read my snippet here . This is NOT fiction.

P.S: I am not saying IVF is wrong or risky. I understand totally why women opt for it. But not reading about the side effects or by taking the side effects for granted is definitely a sin. Without taking side effects seriously and without trying to check the work around for side effects - you are committing a sin - potentially causing a situation where the baby might lose his/her mother.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    beautifullife30 likes this.

2. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

hey OP, very sorry to hear about your friend. It is so shocking to hear about this.

Thanks for bringing out an awareness about this. It was very much needed. I will surely pass this message along to my friends. There are two of them who are trying to conceive through IVF.

A lot of times, even in regular pregnancy, I see a lot of pregnant women not being aware of what medicines they are taking. They just blindly follow whatever the doctor prescribes or says.
    I think as you pointed out, reading the instructions in case of IVF treatment, reading about the tablets that are being prescribed is very much needed.

Most of the ladies are just concerned for the baby or the baby's well-being. Sometimes, I am not sure if the lady actually realizes that her well being is equally important for a healthy baby. Be it during pregnancy, or after the delivery. I hope everybody realize this sooner. My prayers are with your friend's family!

As you rightly said, every baby deserves its mother!

sbonigala likes this.
  3. 28neha

28neha Platinum IL'ite

very sorry to hear abt your friend,literally my heart is crying when i think about 2 babies , her husband and her family.

Thank you for showing your concern towards all of us..

Yes i will take care while taking dosage...

4. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

Hi Neha,
    Thanks for reading my post.
    Please read as much as you can and ask as many questions as you can when you visit the doctors. If possible take second opinion if you are not convinced with your doc's answers.
    When you are going through so much pain, spending so much money to hold your LO, you deserve much more healthy life to spend it with your LO and DH.
    I have personally called and alerted as many friends as I can.
    In one such calls when I asked one of my friends, how her treatment was going on and would there be any side effects, she ended up saying , "My doc spoke of the side effects, but I dont believe that it wud happen to me". Then I told her about this friend (our common friend), she was scared. she wept bitterly. she did not think that these were real ones. She took them so easy.

My post is not scare anyone, its just to warn mums-to-be.

all the best Neha. God bless you with a healthy baby and may you have an amazing time with your LO. :) :)

28neha likes this.
  5. 28neha

28neha Platinum IL'ite

yes i read lot about IVf..here so many PPl are there who have undergone this..they are help us to know more like you :) .

Thank you dear I hope will hold my LO soon :)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016