Ivf And Diabetics Type 2

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by JL123, Apr 13, 2019.

1. JL123

JL123 New IL'ite

Hello Girls!!

I have diabetics type 2 and tried 6 iui's. Became pregnant twice but ended in miscarriage. Trying for 4 years but only disappointment. Now planning to do IVF . Has anyone have experience with IVF and type 2 diabetics. Please share ladies it will help a lot. Thanks

2. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Sorry to hear about your loss and struggle:(
    I don't have experience with type 2 diabetes. So can't guide you much on that.
    Have you spoken with your doctor regarding this? What was his / her opinion ?

3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

No personal experience; however, I have known one relative, she was taking metformin, in her early 30's to have had a successful natural pregnancy after 2 miscarriages. The doctors she had consulted required her to become extremely regimented in her diet and physical activities for 3 to 6 months ( been years ago, i don't remember exactly how long) and get her blood H1Ac close to 6%, and stay there. Keeping this H1Ac down close to 6% is no trivial task even in regular pregnancies (gestational diabetes problem) where girls have to control their weight gain, and blood glucose level. Consistent high blood glucose levels are not healthy for a developing fetus.

IMO, OP need to get a blood glucose testing meter for home use, (if she doesnt have one already -- most diabetics already have such things at home) and test a couple of times every day. The diet needs to be same or almost the same every day, and the Blood Glucose Readings should confirm that every day as well.

4. JL123

JL123 New IL'ite

Yes My sugar is in control, my HBA1C is 5.9 and my fasting is 95 and after 2 hrs its 101. Im doing keto.

5. JL123

JL123 New IL'ite

not yet, need to talk

6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Most (..even all) of the following questions need NOT be answered on an internet forum. These are things you can mull over, and the talk with your doctor.
    • How long ago were you diagnosed?
    • How long has your HbA1c been steady around 6% ?
    • Your body-mass-index ? Your age ?
    • Are you taking tablets to control your BG ? Or.... injecting insulin?
    • How is your experience with wound healing? When you accidentally get a boo-boo, does it heal fast ? This is a clue as to how quick your body reacts to "new challenges" you toss at it; poorly controlled diabetics have a sluggish reaction.
    Many of us in this forum (India has a goodly number of people with type-2 diabetes, especially in the over 40 group) have experience dealing with older relatives with T-2-diabetes.

Here is a question you can answer for us:
    What is your Keto-diet regimen to have such good control over your blood glucose?
    Tell us, in all the details, of what you eat in a day.

7. JL123

JL123 New IL'ite

1. I was diagnosed 4 yrs ago
    2. I improved by HBA1C by doing keto only. For 2 years it stays between 5.8 to 6.3
    3. my weight is 62 and age is 31
    4. no my doctor and many relatives and friends has said insulin is bad for health so only Glycomet 1500mg perday
    5. Yes my injuries heal normally.

Keto diet: Breakfast : mushroom omelette
    Lunch : 2 veg poriyal + 1 Raw veggie + Sometimes chicken or seafood +Curd and strawberry with sugarfree
    Dinner : coconut flour dosa (1 or 2)+ keto choco cake (small slice)+ any sugar less fruit

My problem has never been with diabetics and all other tests are also fine.
    Please help me with if anyone has done ivf and diabetics. type 2

Amulet likes this.
  8. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Anyone conceived through IVF having endometriosis without surgery please help me out..Thanks

9. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

I had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant. The key is you have to focus on carbs look out in the label ingredients before you eat example any chips or biscuits. Rice strictly 1 small cup and you have add low carbs vegetables like beans, cauliflower etc. You can Google always and get the list of vegetables which shows low carbs. Egg 0 carbs so you can add to your diet always. Please be strict on carbs and don't consume any sweets, sugar drinks. Even fruits counts you have to limit

10. saileela85

saileela85 Bronze IL'ite

OP...whats reason has doctor given for your miscarriage ...can you please tell