It's Time to choose Better food for better health..

Discussion in 'NonVegetarian Kitchen' started by Sindhurak, Jun 12, 2013.

1. somya23

somya23 New IL'ite

i agree with u

2. Sindhuja12

Sindhuja12 Silver IL'ite

Hi, I read in an Article that Fish contains Vitamin D and it reduces the Risk of Heart Attack. I have a doubt since long days. Which is Heat, Chicken or Mutton? Many people confuses me with this stuff.

3. Ashish21

Ashish21 New IL'ite

Hi,
    Few insights here
    • First & foremost, not all the fish contain Vitamin D. Few of the exception is Tuna & Salmon. Moreover, i still doubt about the sources these may come from & evaluation of vitamin D or contaminants.
    • Best source of Vitamin D is sunlight, if you are getting little or no exposure to sunlight, then you can prefer Vitamin D3 supplement, as vitamin D3 is more absorbed with respect to Vitamin D1 & D2
    • If you are looking for heart health, then commonly available fish are good as they have Omega 3 fatty acids which is good for heart while vitamin D is good for bone health, as it helps in calcium absorption
    • While the other essential fatty acids are Omega 6 & Omega9. Specific balance of omega 3, omega 6 & omega 9 plays various role for skin & hair health, brain health & immune system functioning.
    That's all :)

Sindhuja12 likes this.
  4. Sindhuja12

Sindhuja12 Silver IL'ite

5. Chocolatey

Chocolatey Gold IL'ite

Hi @Sindhuja12 .. Compared to mutton and chicken, fish is healthier. And when it comes to mutton or chicken, chicken is healthy than mutton. Red meat is fatty than white meat. Chicken is belived to produce heat in our body. So traditionally in Tamilnadu, chicken gravy is cooked using gingelly oil. Gingelly oil cools our body. So the heat generated by chicken is balanced.

6. rajii96

rajii96 New IL'ite

Thank you for your useful sharing.

7. Emyfrancis

Emyfrancis New IL'ite

Fish is a very rich source of omega 3 fatty acid which helps to reduce risk factors for heart disease, including high cholesterol and high blood pressure.

8. Starkgirl

Starkgirl Silver IL'ite

9. ririta477

ririta477 New IL'ite

Lovely recipes of how eggs can be made differently throughout the week. This way the kids get their nutrition without getting bored by eating eggs the same way everyday

10. DeepaJ65

DeepaJ65 New IL'ite