1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Its My Bday And I Am Not Happy

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ILUser07, Jul 11, 2016.

1. ILUser07

ILUser07 Silver IL'ite

Its my first birthday as a mom. I thought I will celebrate myself but I am not happy. I am having a very disturbed environment in home ever since my MIL came to help with my delivery. Every other day DH and MIL will fight, being provacative my DH starts abusing her and she will keep provoking him with her acts.
    I am fed up and exhausted. Tired of keeping my baby away from all this.
    In just few hours or next day they both will patch up and start gossiping on relatives or my FIL.
    All this negativity effected me a lot.
    I am usually a happy going person. Never get into anyones personal matters. Just live my life kinda nature. and my DH used to admire that a lot and he also never used to discuss about 3rd person in the house.
    But now.. all I hear is gossips.
    For eg., one of his uncle's brother got cancer. Thought the chances are less his uncle spent a lot on his brother's treatment.
    My MIL analysis: who will spend unnecessarily on something when they know the chances are less? Just to get good name among relatives, he showed off by spending as they are rich. See how intelligently he used his brother's sickness.
    I mean what the hell..
    My DH didn't stay with his mom for this long since his 12 grade. So the person I know is different. But in this 1 yr he got so much influenced, I can see my MIL in every word he speaks. I dont even know that he is easily influeceable.
    I am feeling I am living with a different person altogether. I just dont like him anymore.

And my birthday.. heck. I just started hating it. dont know why. I am not happy with my life. or with the people around me. Or hating the change in my attitude itself

2. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Happy Birthday! Put a smile and feel happy. Cheer up

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
    Sairindhri likes this.
  3. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

Happy Birthday, sweety. Take your baby out and celebrate your bday with your child. You will enjoy it more. Even if its just a walk and a small cupcake in the park. You will treasure the memory for a long time.

KashmirFlower likes this.
  4. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

Happy Birthday!
    Forget all the negativity around you and take some time off to just be alone with your baby and enjoy your day
    Hopefully your DH will bounce back to normal after your MIL leaves.

5. Jazmine83

Jazmine83 Gold IL'ite

oh god..something like happened this weekend..

My H hates gossips. I always see him correcting his mom abruptly when she steps out of line. I was talking to MIL this weekend & asked how is this girl in their family doing. She went on & on about the girls pregnancy difficulties..blah blah & in the end she says..what is the point of her marrying, she cannot even have a baby. I told her politely not speak like this & its making me uncomfortable. There was silence on the other end. I immediately changed topic to this cute puppy we are baby sitting.

Can you talk to your H about this? tell him not to speak ill of others. It is a very bad quality & the worst part your child will be learning from your H

KashmirFlower likes this.
  6. ILUser07

ILUser07 Silver IL'ite

DH is very well aware about my views and we always made sure we don't discuss about anyone in our home. He used to interrupt his mom initially but now he is adding his share too.

7. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

time to celebrate - happy birthday to you.

it was a solo violin on broken strings (mil), he joined with drums beat - it's truly musical now.

either you listen and ignore or better ignore with out listening - play your own music and enjoy.

ashima10, Lathasv, blindpup10 and 3 others like this.
  8. ILUser07

ILUser07 Silver IL'ite

Loved this view point. Smiled today for the first time. Thanks a lot.

ashima10 and GoogleGlass like this.
  9. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

cheer up..just for this day forget all worries..happy birthday!!

10. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

:dev14:

As long as you are not gossiped i think you can ignore both of them, and stay away and go to other room always, and yes, play your own music :cheer: so that u can't hear anything.

blindpup10 likes this.