1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Its Been More Than 6 Months And My Dd Does Not Seem To Get Adjusted To The Play School

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by diamond1880, Jun 20, 2017.

1. diamond1880

diamond1880 Senior IL'ite

Hi All

I am at my wit's end, my DD is 2.5 and has been going to play school since jan for 2-3 hrs when she turned two, post that a maid and my mom bring her back and take care of her till i am back from work.
    Every day I go to drop her and she screams and cries, after abt 5-7 mins, she stops crying and quietly goes about playing ( I can access all her activities through an app provided by the school, it is streamed )
    She even goes to class, tells rhymes aloud .. just about what a toddler would do.

But at any given time I ask her would you go to school, her response would be NO, i dont like to
    One day she went to the extend of telling me that she wud stay at home and do the utensils, sweep n swab the place but won't go to school ... it came as a shocker to me not to mention it got tears

I hv spoken to her teachers and the helpers at her school, all of them unanimously tell me that she cries only when I drop her off, after that she plays n does her activities,

Can any one with similar experience tell me would the child have any issues later, or when I move her to main school when she is 3.5 or 4 ???

what I can do to remove this phobia

2. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

OP, my DD behaved in the same way. She is now in pre school with no issues at all. At the age of 2 & 3s, the kids are still very young & they are still experiencing separation anxiety from mom/parents when you drop them off. And, yes that's true, they start playing & become extremely normal as soon as you leave the scene. I heard the same feedback from my DDs teachers back then. So don't worry, it's just a momentary thing..

What you can do to help? I think having play dates with kids in her class or socializing in general with other toddlers maybe over weekends, will definitely help, as this behavior is also partly due to social anxiety, kids not being used to being around ppl other than parents/ family. So, try this & see if it helps.. also you mentioned that she told you she was willing to do all housework, I am really surprised, does she talk that much at 3? If she actually told you all that you mentioned, then you must be rejoicing about her talking abilities!! At 2.5 or 3, kids can just speak few words!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    Sunburst likes this.
  3. shifas

shifas Bronze IL'ite

OP no worries at all. U know that she is perfectly alrite at school after some time. So dont think too much about it. Just talk to her daily as u do and i have heard that for some kids it takes time to adjust. Even some kindergarten students too cry just like this.
    My daughter also talks a lot like yours. Their talk sometimes make us shocked because we may not even realise how much they are thinking. Dont worry. As far as she is alrite there just relax.
    @Naari some kids talk very early and talk tooo much just like my girl.my daughter used to tell her own stories when she was nearly two. It is really entertaining and fun for us. But i dont know why she still talks like a baby i mean her pronounciation is still like a baby amd some ppl say that its because she spoke at a very early she is like that. But still we all enjoy the way she talks.. so cute and honest..

Sunburst and Naari like this.
  4. stephanjohn

stephanjohn Senior IL'ite

No worries, It will get changed when time passes. Kids just started in kindergarten. Correct her when she speaks wrongly.

5. sheztheone

sheztheone Platinum IL'ite

Sometimes kids feel that going to school is a "chore," as they have to get up early, do everything quickly and rush to school. Since she is still very young, that is the first thing that comes to mind when she thinks of school, no matter how much she enjoys herself during her day there.
    Like a PP suggested you can find out from other parents about the school in general, whether teachers are strict etc.