It's almost the end of the year, what have you accomplished this year? - Dec 2011

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sbehl

sbehl Bronze IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

Good Day to all of you!!

I Had lots of plans for coming year but now I have no plan for coming year. I just try to become a good mother of my son (3 years). Should change his habit of non eating/choosy in eating. I want to make him a good & healty eater in this reagrds in need help of my IL's friends. Hope all my IL guide me .

Sonika.

2. mohnisha

mohnisha Senior IL'ite

Hi IL,

Very nice thread and it made me to hit rewind button and think of how this year went..!
    Well..What i have accomplished in year 2011.?? -let me try to write up what i think as accomplishments..!

In career front, yes - i have a decent job which i retained for the past 2 years, hey wait, is that an accomplishment.? No.., but yes a kind of..:p

And next, did i do any significantly good job at work place.? - yes many..! Here it goes..
    learnt that i can sleep with my eyes wide openChillout!
    Managed to smile and play around, pulling my nephew's leg when escalations are waiting for me the next day / already had one..!:bonkOh God, by anyway these are accomplishments..??? No..!:notthatway:
    Ok, i developed an easy-going attitude, yes now that’s an accomplishment for a total serious faced nut like me..!:bangcomp: After all, life is to enjoy right? So leaving work related stress at the office entrance and looking forward to enjoy rest of the day with my loved ones is indeed a valuable virtue I learnt during this year..! And master-mind behind this change..? Its my dear Hubby..( or my hubby-to-be, but I started calling him ‘hubby’ J )

P.S – And of course i got some appreciations for my good work (ha..haa..,yes I did it!:rotfl)

And then comes my Personal life –
    I cant ask for more happiness because I am going to tie knot with love of my life..... JJ
    Yes, this year we convinced our parents, we got engaged and hurray… :2thumbsup:We are getting married on early next year..!!:-D

This is finally a Accomplishment isn’t it..? Yes, a memorable one which I will cherish for the rest on my life…!! JJJ

Ok, I give in- no matter how hard I think, I can’t get other accomplishments(have to do one right? ) I can remember..!!
    Final Point : Plan for 2012::idea
    Get a diary and record all the significant works (if did!!) you do, so that you can sum it up easily for December -2012 contest..!!

Thank You for patiently reading...:thankyou2:
    Advance New Year wishes to all....
    - KV..

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  3. ShailRaghuvansh

ShailRaghuvansh Silver IL'ite

Hi Indusladies,

As usual you have come up with a superb topic to write about...

Every year I had a long list of things to boast of. I did this! I did that!:2thumbsup:
    This year, this wasn't the case. This year's greatest accomplishment for me is the the understanding of the value of time in my life.

Amidst the restless shifting of mind, soul and body due to circumstance/ situation I have managed to understand (at least I hope so!) how time can wrestle with you and give your ego a beating just when you thought that life was in your control. I think many of us tend to think this way - we think that we are in control, managing things on our own when that is not exactly the case!

This accomplishment is important for me because it turns my path on earth inwards, within myself instead of concentrating on other materialistic goals. I will not deny that life has been kind to me this year providing me with all it thought I richly deserved. But, it also decided to venture further and give me that timely knock on my head!:bonk

Best Wishes,
    Shail

4. smileedhina

smileedhina New IL'ite

Dear IL-lites,

its an awesome year for me...... i thank the almighty god for making such a beautifull year for me......

as usual there are ups and downs but at this breadth i fell very happy of the past days in this year

MY HEALTH

health is wealth.....

1) proper diet

2) regular exercises

properly accomplished both of the above

MY CAREER

1) started my Phd and published two articles in magazines

2) introduced to lot of new books in developing my skills

MY MONEY/FINANCE

1) got a new land in arakonam

2) started online share trading

My WORLD

my beautifull world is my sweet hubby and my dearest daughter

1) tried lot of new recipies for him and suceeded in it

2) bought an early learning progrmme for my kiddies knowledge and life.......its really amazing

God bless us to see new years and days so thank god for each and every minutes protection and start a blessed full year ahead..........

Regards

Smilee

1 person likes this.
  5. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Year 2011 had been really very special for my family. We moved from Sydney to Wollongong. My husband started his business here. I tried to be with him as much as I could to support him in his business. Apart from that, I had been more present at home with my sweet kids, giving them the parenting time on behalf of my husband as well for he has been extremely focused on his business which is very good. I managed doing publicity in 'no' cost for my profession too so I can keep myself engaged in some spare hours when the kids are not at home. Not only this, I also discovered the beautiful social network "Indus ladies" which has been really special to me, getting like-minded friends and knowing their views. Indus Ladies proved to be the instant booster of the enthusiasm and identity. It keeps my 'country-bahen' connected to me! :)

Moreover, I discovered a beautiful and capable person within me who can balance all her roles. I came out of the stereotyped role of the mother/wife or a lady in the home. I became more firm planner, and tried to walk an extra mile and to be better than I had been the previous day. I loved adding more degree in my education, I enjoyed teaching our regional language to my kids growing in this English speaking country, further, I also researched about different sources which can help my family to make the best of whatever it has.

1 person likes this.
  6. imran5001

imran5001 Senior IL'ite

Hi Everybody

This year I got great happiness from my family. this year i send my mom to the Muslim Holy pilgrim Meccah for Haj for that I am very happy..

This year i find many new friends in Abu dhabi UAE they are good and soo nice .....

7. RainDrops27

RainDrops27 Bronze IL'ite

Hi All...

I could say "Winning the heart(s) and of my husband and In-laws" is my best accomplishment this year ...

I got married last year august 27-th and life became more sweeter with the new inclusions in my life . Though responsibilites increased as a wife and daughter in law, I truely loved them all and did all that I could to keep them happy and lively and I could say they are all really happy about me... Indeed making others (including the ones in our family) happy is the true happiness in life and I am very happy about my accomplishment.

Best Regards,
    Archana

8. mittalg

mittalg Silver IL'ite

for me 2011 was the year of greater interactive,entertaining and educational experiences cum achievements...

1) i was always an emotional fool which made me miserable and under pressure. this year i shook it off & learnt to rule over it.2) after so many tantrums i was able to build a small bridge from my heart to in - laws heart. 3) i won prize in pooja thali competition by my determination.it pulled my curtain of fear and i started believing in myself. 4) i was awarded prestigious position of judge in cultural program which made me realize that god is with me at every step and wants me to do great job.5) i learnt traditional paintings & paper mache art this year. il gave me the platform to show my abilities. 6) i heard about an accident which rekindled in me spirit of kindness and benevolence. i prayed for them whole night. i even did sunder-kand for their well being.7)to be or not to be was the struggle going inside me.suddenly my daughter called: mummy then i realized that life is worth living with her
    - : but i have promises to keep, and miles to go before i sleep, and miles to go before i sleep

1 person likes this.
  9. uday713

uday713 New IL'ite

Dear IL-ites,

Dear IL-ites,

It was the most terrifying year inmy life incurred husge business loss. Thanks to all who stood by me and reposed same confidence in me and given the courage to go on.. Now again I am on the threshold. I trusted everybody blindly So I have decided not to trust everybody just like that. Thats a lifetime lesson for me.
    Money is not everything but we need money for everything....:bonk

10. riefa

riefa Bronze IL'ite

Hi all..
    The year is ending..let me recollect some unforgettable memories and achievement (if i can say) this entire year..
    * biggest thing starts with my lovely daughter who was born on april this year. After coping through some problems -couldn't eat any indian food in pregnancy (i'm indonesian) i lost 5 kgs, mind depression as have to adapt cultures (was my 1st year of marriage) and manage mood swings at the same time, less blood and weak heart which may cause difficulty in delivery made me ran from 1 doctor and test to another- thank's Lord i've done normal delivery without any difficulty. She's now 7 months, cute and naughty.
    * As my new life as a mother started, my husband told me that i am mature now in solving problems, adapting cultures, happier and healthier..thanks to his caring and loving.
    * I guess i can say that i am much closer to my MIL, won her heart and living happier together. I couldn't speak hindi at all previously, causing gap between us. Furthermore, i am foreigner, must be hard to accept in family, got so much misunderstanding in even small things. Surely, we came from different countries and cultures with different habits. Was never be easy.
    * Ups, can i re-mention ability to speak hindi as achievement.. Hehe..
    * I know how to cook indian foods, baking..and some other experiments result in praise.. ^_^
    * Last, not least, here I am..back in my world, networking, joining IL..defining world out there.. Hi to all ladies..
    Wish to be better, more. May God always be with us in every stage of life..

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.