1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Its All About Potatoes, Honey!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Sep 2, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

“Sridhar, you have been writing about God in all your blogs. I don’t want people to think that you do not know anything else.

2. Shrikha

Shrikha Senior IL'ite

Hi Sridhar Sir,

I think once again I got the privelege of giving the first FB. I just got tears in my eyes after reading those lines about the child and the mother. You have a very good skill of introducing God in our thoughts in various ways. Thanks for the wonderful write-up.

3. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Boost,

A wonderful blog ! When you started off I was wondering what happened to Varalotti...has he gone crazy or is he going to link potatoes & God. My guess proved right.

What you is absolute truth ...no arguments on that. She is one & only one...omniscient, omnipresent, omni potent etc. Is there any place devoid of her? To go one step further Is there anything or any emotion devoid of her? She is sarva vyapi. We do not have any alternative but to surrender only to her....Sharanagathi is the only mantram. Like the boy taking refuge in his mother...all living beings need to take regufe only in HER absolutely.

4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar, we love God....
    ony because of advaitha thathvam of
    Aham Brahmasmi!
    You can interpret it as 'self-love is the best form of love' & Vedanta accepts it.
    Now, as for potaoes, the latest chart buster in my cookery forum is
    Kalyana Alu Kara Curry
    Potato,call it alu, is always a winner in any cuisine - indian or International!! -
    [​IMG]
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Wow the blog is so great. At first I got the idea that you are really gonna right a blog on potatosJ
    Your similes are good ones, I haven’t ever thought like that. But yeah I agree 100% with you on whom can we ran for refuge from God, for he is the supreme being . I remember a talisman of Gandhiji in which he has mentioned a tip/trick how to overcome the question “Oh! God how could you? “. Its’ nothing but to think about the less fortunate among us and then to compare our problems with theirs.
    And we will know the problem we say we have is nothing when compared to other’s.

6. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir,

To tell you frankly, I felt little sad when I read your reply to my feedback to your last blog, where you had said that you will write on a different topic on your next blog, as you know I was looking forward to accompany you on your spiritual journey. But when I read half you through this blog, I just smiled as I could guess that yes, you cannot separate your thoughts from God. Like a true bhaktha, you see God in everything and everywhere. Be it the elasticity of demand and supply or concept of Giffen goods or potato, you will link God in everything, and nobody is complaining, we all love to hear more from you on this topic.

Some what in line with what kulasekhara alwar said, like He may choose to remove the pain or not , Purandara dasar in one of his krithis asks Lord, I have got a father , mother and swami as You, but do you have a swami or father like me? So why should I worry when I know you are there for me?

When God has bestowed you with the talent in writing articles which pours with so much bhakthi, he has chosen you to spread his message to lesser souls like us. Pl keep up the good work and we all are following you in your tryst with the divine .

Radhi

7. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Just to clarify to the comments on my earlier feedback on purandara dasa- after reading , it sounded different , hence adding now - Purandara dasar asks God whether God has got a swami like what dasar has got. Dasar's swami is the Lord himself and Lord himself doesnt have a more compassionate swami or father like what purandara dasar has got.

Radhi

8. ishaijason

ishaijason Silver IL'ite

hai
    i really liked your way of writing things,i mean your presentation is very good.i was very moved about the child and mother incidence.continue blogging ..........

9. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear sridhar sir,

I hv been under a lot of stress lately... but never did I feel that I should blame it all on the almighty... only felt thankful that he protected us just in the nick of time...

i am only thankful to god that he directed me to read this blog... just when i needed it... u hv no idea what the relavence of this is to me.... thanks.

thanks from the bottom of my heart.

10. kavithavel

kavithavel Senior IL'ite

It is like Heart says enough, when I read your posts..
    And this enough is not because you write only about god an I read the same in every post.
    The enough comes with a contented heart, that says you have made my day..enough for the day , to feel great about his blessing on us and enough to feel that there is none other then him, enough to stop reading and put the read into action. Start loving him even more.
    Well, I today know one more thing , that we need to learn from our children.
    Yes , my son does that too, when I hit him heard on his mistake, though his father and grandparents ot console him, he hugs me inturn of the beatings got and cries...
    The heart then ackes and make a resolution of not beating my child again, but as a child he tends to make his mistakes and I tend to punish him time and again, but then repend for having hurt, him.
    So let me start learning for no where else, but my son.

Kavitha.