1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It's All About Love, Again And Again!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Nov 4, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Above Love Again and Again

2. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Sridharji the comparison of you with various forms of God was a good one which help us understand how some people are adamant of seeing the one and only supreme being in a particular view. Thank you very much for sharing the story of Bibi Nachiar and Ramapriyan.

3. PreethiArun66

PreethiArun66 Senior IL'ite

Really a touching story.

Unbelievable !!

I feel all Hindus and Muslims should know this story.

4. Shrikha

Shrikha Senior IL'ite

Hi Sridhar Sir,

I have been reading your blogs, but was not in a state to give the fb. Was very disturbed with so much of confusion in life, some how I am ok with my thoughts now. I was just wondering how you could explain so well about the different religions and the various forms of GOD. It was a very beautiful explanation indeed. Thanks for the wonderful story of Thirunarayanan, I just loved it. No one knows much about such wonderful stories, you are doing a wonderful job of educating all of us with the love of GOD. Thanks a lot!!!

5. sreedevikan

sreedevikan New IL'ite

Dear sridhar,
    a blog which reflects your exemplary skills of correllation of things.
    The crow and the sparrow are of our caste
    The sea and the mountain are of our tribe
    Wherever we turn whatever we see
    We see only ourselves
    Our hearts revel in that glorious unity

how great it would be if every human being see oneness in whole world the word ATONMENT AT-ONE- MENT an order from chaos.

hindus believe in philosphy of panthesim it considers everything living and non living to be divine and sacred where as islam on contrary consider himself and his suroundings are example of divine creations rather than divinity it self

It is just the case of how you percieve GOD the difference lies as you said in your metaphor of percieving sridhar by different people

some times a change of perspective is all it takes to see light

Ancients would be horrified if they saw how their teachings have been perverted by religious fanatics ,How religion has established itself a a toll booth to heaven , How warriors march into batlle believing God favours their cause.

As said in our upanishads

"Na samadarse tishtati rupam asya na caksusa pasyathi kas carnaiam hrda hrdishtham manasa ya enam evam vidus artas bhavanthi "

"his form is not to be seen no one can see him with the naked eye those who see through heart and mind know him as abiding in heart become immortal"

ramanujan and bibinachair saw lord through their heart and not by eyes thats why their hearts are filled by his love

i simply loved your way of expressing love of ramanujan

evry line in your blog is self explanating and now iam i a state of rapturous enthrallment

love your writings
    sreedevi

6. kavithavel

kavithavel Senior IL'ite

You are reminding me of several things.
    This story was narrated to me when I was 5 yrs old by my Grand ma...and it was repeated several times by her on my request as I grew...I had her preaching me about our Acharya and his love towards god.
    May be her absence has be taken over by Sridhar sir today.
    Nice one as usual sir.

Thanks,
    Kavitha.

7. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Boost,

Read this loooooooooong blog..took a little time but was worth the trouble... Bibi Nachiar or Thuluka Nachiar as is locally called is one of the lovely stories I have heard of Sri Ramanujar..and every time I hear the same my eyes well up...This is the nth time I am hearing the same and the reaction was same...I could visualise the lord Ramapriyan walking to the acharaya...how blessed are both. It was like a long lost son finding his mother....

I should say here Bibi maybe was more blessed she immediately became one with the lord...

Blessed are these lovely saints and blessed are you to bring the same to us in a mini adai format rather fast food format.

Thanks Sri for reminding again about this lovely story.

8. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridharji,

That was a fantastic story. I was moved reading it and got goose bumps when I read the following :
    I was really surprised to read the last few lines of Rumi's poem, where he is talking Sankaracharya's advaitha.

Finally, the princess's love story is similar to the Thulukka nachiar's story who fell in love in Ranganatha of Srirangam and came all the way from Delhi to see her beloved. When she fell at the feet of Ranganathar at sanctum santorium , she just merged with the Lord. Even today we can see the photo and a lamp lit inside a small temple erected within Ranganathar temple complex in remembrance to her.

On hearing such stories, I really wonder when and how did all this hatred amongst various religions erupt? . Our Lord is so beloved, how can anyone help but fall in love with Him .

Radhi

9. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar
    This story reminded me of of Lord Krishna's beloved Meera. Especially reading that part of what Princess use to do with Ramapriyan's idol. and the last few lines about the Lord and the princess.
    These are great devotees of Lord.
    Wonderful story.

10. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,
    I keep reading all your posts though I do not post FB every time. Each post excels the previous one.
    Fantastic, superb,exemplary! That's what I can say.
    I feel that writing fb is also an art and I am not competent in that art.
    Continue your good work.
    Love,
    PS