Itching All Over Body At 7 Month ?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Agony, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Agony

Agony Gold IL'ite

Hello ladies ,

I hope u all r doing good.
    Iam in my 7th month of pregnancy.
    Since the last week I have been having this on & off itching all over the body.
    What I read is itching on the belly is quite common because of the growin uterus and stretching.
    I also have this redness on both palms.
    I read it up on the internet only to be frightened with jaundice in pregnancy.
    Anyone will similar experience .. Pls share ur views/ experiences.
    Thanks

2. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

@Agony- contact your OB immediately. Similar symptoms happend to me at 7.5 months. But my itching was very specific to palms and foot. Nowhere else. OB gave me over the counter hydrocortisone for the itching. It Didn't subside and with a blood test I came to know I had Gestational cholestasis. My palms, foot and now my DH recalls that my face also had tunred a bit yellow! I am not sure about my face but clearly remember my plams were yellow.

Any time in doubt please contact your OB. Goodluck

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  3. curiousj

curiousj New IL'ite

Please consult a doctor. I developed rashes/hives in most part of my body and it used to itch like crazy. Only sitting in A/C or cold cloth used to help.
    I was diagnosed with PUPP pregnancy rash and was given cream to help but not fully heal.. It went after delivery automatically.

4. deeprapriya

deeprapriya Gold IL'ite

@Agony. Please dont get scared of this. As @curiousj said, it is a disease called PUPP,which develops in pregnant woman. But it not at all harmful. I had this during my pregnancy around 7th and 8th month. It used to itch everywhere except face. I used to scratch like mad and I will get rashes. Sometimes, due to over scratching, wounds will come and bleed. It got vanished in the last month. My Anni(Brother's wife) also had this. She said, it common.

I met my doctor and she sent me to a Dermatologist who gave some medicine/cream. Put turmeric/chandan. You will get slight relief. Dont worry.

Agony and ashima10 like this.
  5. Agony

Agony Gold IL'ite

Thank u ladies for the replies, Iam waiting for my lab reports of LFT & total bile salts.
    The itching isn't severe, my doctor said it could b because of dryness and it did subside with one tab of anti histamine.
    I hope nothing to worry.
    Pls pray for me

6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Agony,
    I had worst itching and scratching because of it with last pregnancy. Treat it as pregnancy side effect and deal with it gently. It vanished after delivery for me and appeared in better mode for this pregnancy. May it could be due to surging hormones and the medicines we take. Certain food items too cause it. Check your menu too.

Cut your nails and prevent from scratching more. Hope your results will be normal. Apply VIT e based lotions. That might help too.

Agony and deeprapriya like this.
  7. Judithcarol05

Judithcarol05 New IL'ite

I've also read that itching, especially in your 6th month of pregnancy . But still I think It's better to consult your doctor in order to calm yourself down. Take care of yourself and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2016
  8. Agony

Agony Gold IL'ite

Thank u ladies for all replies.

I had a consultation with my doctor.
    My LFT reports showed marginally raised liver enzymes. The doctor said its pregnancy induced.
    He's started me on some tab udiliv 300mg twice day and asked me to repeat the test after a week. After starting the medicines, the itching has completely stopped.
    Iam just worried this shouldn't affect my baby..
    My doctor is not worried , he says this can n brought under control and there's nothing to worry..
    But u all can imagine the anxiety of a desperate first time mother..
    Ladies please keep us in ur prayers..
    Iam just hoping and praying that the reports come out normal next time.

9. deeprapriya

deeprapriya Gold IL'ite

@Agony, everything will be normal next time. so dont worry...

Agony likes this.
  10. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

all is well.all will be well.

Agony likes this.