1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It isnt finished yet!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rnair, Nov 10, 2011.

1. rnair

rnair Silver IL'ite

Having a daughter in our life had made a huge difference in the way we approach matters.she is the cuddly,always hugging,smiling bubbly kind...she gives you a wonderful,tight,cuddly hug at a time when you need it so much but then..we never express ourselves truly.do we? Her hug makes every thing that had made you mad ,melt away; bringing a sense of inner peace.
    Boys, on the other hand, maybe its in the genes,grow up so differently.you will wonder if they came from the same home.my son bruised his knee,pretty badly the other day.he came home,washed it clean, put on a band aid.no tears no sentiments.
    my girl on the other hand, got a bug bite from the park on her elbows last week and we had to sympathize and pamper her, like for 4 days till she forgot about it.Its a girl thing , my son says :)

we have a routine of eating dinner early at home.by eight definitely.if the weather is good, we go out for a stroll..if it was rainy, we stayed home for a movie.
    The dinner was done,it was getting dark, so a movie night was decided.
    i was putting away the dishes,cleaning up the tables and the kitchen, when i heard that the TV had been switched ON ;movie had already started.
    i was a little mad. don't people wait for you anymore?yeah , i was pissed.
    while i was finishing up my work, my little girl peeped into the kitchen and then ran away.
    Great! At least someone noticed.

After I was done,I tried the disappearing act.
    you know , you disappear for sometime and then suddenly everyone is calling out your name.
    (it worked while i was 10 ;P )
    not anymore.i readied the bed and kept the kids pajamas ready.
    not that it was so important at that moment...my logical part of the brain was done for the day
    and i was looking for reasons for fret.
    my little princess, walked up to me and asked, are you done ?lets watch the movie.
    i said , its already started right?
    that's okay mamma..it started but its not finished.
    she put on her pajamas,hugged me tight and ran to watch the TV.

i was mmm touched.
    yes.the movie had started but not finished. that's just so true.I decided I should catch up and enjoy whatever is left.
    i rushed back to kitchen ,stuffed a dessert plate full nuts,dates,some m n ms and few marshmallows.
    As I walked to the TV, everyone greeted me with a warm smile and they happily dug into the dessert plate.

I sat down and saw the TV staring at me with a pause button.
    The movie had never started.It was just the trailers.
    I had just lost 10 minutes of a precious day, hassling over nothing :bonk

2. rheaa

rheaa Silver IL'ite

Lovely post! I am floored by your daughter's dialogue 'it started but its not finished', many a times we forget to look at things from such a different perspective !!

3. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Beautiful post with such an strong message delivered powerfully yet subtly.... superb!! Tight cuddly hugs to your sweet little angle for teaching an invaluable life lesson with those innocent words :)

Akila

4. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Oh, what an adorable little angel you have Rnair! I just feel like taking the next flight to your place now so that I can get the nice, tight and cuddly hug from your lovely daughter :)

Cheers to the little angel and to the loving family of yours who were waiting for your arrival to start the film :thumbsup

5. MeghanaT

MeghanaT Bronze IL'ite

Hi rnair,

yes, nice post, message narrated nicely.
    unexpected Line said by cute angel also Truth.

Immediately after completion of reading, I got remembered to a valuable post by someone[Sorry, do not remembered the authors, its beginning days of mine in IL] named "The Unconditional Love" descripting Uurmila from the epic Ramayana.

Today's post "It isnt finished yet!" again provoking my thoughts towards practicising of "The unconditional love". yes little difficult.

6. rnair

rnair Silver IL'ite

thank you everyone for such encouraging words. its so true that kids just make us understand , 'life is no complication at all'.
    If only we could enjoy simple pleasures in the pure, unadulterated ways of children...