It is only people who are good who are always in trouble

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by RoopaGB, Jan 19, 2012.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Roopa,

Problems, ups and downs are all a part of life. No single person is free from any problems. The nature of problems faced by each one of us may vary, but they never leave us, that is for sure. What is important is how we learn to deal with them. Yes, dealing with problems has to be learnt. While some are able to deal easily with problems because they are easy going by nature, many of us struggle with that aspect and have to develop that ability. We come to life to learn many lessons. The ability to let go, accept and solve problems to the best of our ability are important lessons. Accept that this may be the reason why God is putting you to so many tests. Remember life is a school where the student is tested first and the lessons learnt later. That is what is called "practical" training. You experience and learn from them.

It is good if you are religiously reading shlokas, fasting etc. But that does not mean that God is not going to test you. In fact, this may be HIS way of bringing you closer to HIM and helping you progress on the path of spirituality. HE is trying to make you a strong person and it is often adversities that make us stronger individuals. It is like how raw gold (the ore) is passed through fire to bring out the gleaming, shining, precious metal. The same goes for all of us. We are all like the ore. When we face so many hardships, the strength in us is brought out to the fore.

Keep doing whatever you are doing. On the practical side, consider discussing your problems with people who can help you think of various ways to overcome whatever problems it is you are facing. More minds put together are better than one. (But be careful to choose the right people - meaning don't go to a plumber to repair a leaking nose. You need a doctor for that, if you know what I mean). As for spiritual practice, I would suggest one more thing (worked for me, you can give it a try). Think of God as your friend, philosopher and guide, as your parent, as your closest sibling, as your EVERYTHING and talk to HIM. Tell HIM what is troubling you. Fight with HIM if you want to, like you would with your closest of people. But at the end of it all, tell HIM "I do not know how to handle this problem. You have given me this problem, now you show me a way out. If you are going to keep hammering me on my head, please give me a built in helmet first". Leave your problems to HIM and pray for strength to face WHATEVER problems HE chooses to heap on you. You will find your problems will pass, others will come, but HE will definitely come to you in some way or the other to help you out.

4 people like this.
  2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

similar are my thoughts too .... mentioned in my post

1 person likes this.
  3. RoopaGB

RoopaGB Junior IL'ite

Thank you so much ................ Your suggestions made me feel very strong :) ..........