it is neccessary to have a kid before 30 years of age ? wht after 30 ?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by kritka, Dec 18, 2011.

1. iyermaragatham

iyermaragatham Senior IL'ite

Lot of people nowadays get married late and have kids in their 30s. Lot of professional women want to get settled in their jobs and then marriage and family. I think the pregnancy will be easier in 20s. Other than that doctors say you can have first child without any problem up to 35.

2. aries21

aries21 New IL'ite

Health is what that matters no matter what your age is. I agree that age might also matter to some extent (only in certain cases). Nowadays most girls get married in after 25/26 yrs when they settle in their career etc.. and i see many of them having healthy babies.
    Didn't our grandmothers give birth when they were they 30/35 (or until they reached menopause!) Most of them had 8-10 kids and i feel they were healthier than us. Only thing is the stress level has increased these days and its upto us to manage it and stay healthy.
    So, don't bother about age...stay fit and healthy. Consult a gyn . Gud luck

1 person likes this.
  3. Catgol

Catgol Platinum IL'ite

As the mother ages so does her ova so there is a slight increased risk of having a miscarriage due to chromosome abnormalties and also the mother ' s body may not be as flexible as she was in her 20 s so the body cannot support a normal delivery this is the general logic behind it but there are lots of woman who get pregnant after 30 s and carry on to have a normal and healthy pregnancy

4. Catgol

Catgol Platinum IL'ite

if u wish to get pregnant be it 20 s or 30 s u can take preconceptional folic acid tablet as it greatly reduces the nueral tube defects , spina bifida defects..