it is neccessary to have a kid before 30 years of age ? wht after 30 ?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by kritka, Dec 18, 2011.

1. kritka

kritka Junior IL'ite

Hi All
    I always hear that married women should have one kid before 30 ? it is true or safe kind of thing ? Does the chances become very rare after 30 ? please reply

2. Mahanu

Mahanu Silver IL'ite

Not that chances become dim after 30, but it is said that pregnancy after 30, that too first one, may have complications either for the mother or the child. Doctors say that chances for the kid having Down's syndrome is .high. I think most doctors advice to have kid as early as possible, in these days of women having late marriage

3. IlovemyMom

IlovemyMom Gold IL'ite

The reasons are as mahanu has said the risk for down syndrome is more. Also you are more prone to gestational diabetes, high BP etc. I became a mom recently and iam 30. Even I feel I don't have the required energy to look after my baby. The earlier you have a baby the more energetic you are. This is my opinion.

4. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

Having kids is always god's plan - jmo.
    If you are having a happy marriage and good environment to nurture a child than go for it.
    Others have given you the Health reasons let me tell you my personal experience.
    I had kids in my 20's now in my 40's I am really enjoying all my freedom and life style with matured teenaged college going kids.
    Also, as a couple my h and me are more relaxed with each other. No hungama or headache of all the kid schedule we went through. Best part is we are still young and thank god, we have time and Health to pursue our interests together and enjoy each others company.

3 people like this.
  5. bukbuk

bukbuk Silver IL'ite

Yes, the chances become extremely rare. I have never come across a woman who has had a child after 30 years of age except for a handful.

6. shruthisp

shruthisp Gold IL'ite

I would suggest to go with your gynec words on this... There are so many woman out there around the world who start life after 30 then have kids... Works different from person to person according to each situations...
    Stay postive,All will be Good....

7. Binz85

Binz85 Silver IL'ite

I dont think its necessary to have kids before 30.I have couple of friends here in US(Indian) above 30 who started thinking of kids after their studies are completed or after they feel they are well settled to start a family(buy a house or get a job)..They all are pregnant or have kids now.

But I also agree with what others said chances get diminishes and you may need treatment which will take more time and that result in depression n anxiety.What my doctor in India said is best time for pregnacy is 24/25..Anyway these all different from person to person..Depending on your health and other factors decide what is best for you!.

I liked what 'ars' said..

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  8. Shanmukhabhavan

Shanmukhabhavan Silver IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]Kritka do not be upset, not all human bodies are of same kind… it all depends on nature's/god's blessing, some women do have problems in conceiving even in their 20s or there are lot women do exist with having no problems conceiving in their late 30s. as I told you it all depends on our body immunity and how healthy it is… generally people especially Indian women tend to release less eggs when comparatively in their 20s this is due to our (India’) food habit or lack of exercises or less knowledge. If you see women from the world other than india they seem to not have any problems, infact early 30s are a good age to have kids for them, there are instances where couple American friends of mine gossiping about a friend of their’s expecting a baby when she was in her late 20s. So do not worry just do your part and leave rest to god if you are a believer, or just trust yourself……good luck….If you’d like come and join us in ttc forum, there you can get lot of support and good advises….

Here goes the ttc forum link for your easy access.....

Fertility & Trying to Conceive - IndusLadies
    [/JUSTIFY]

9. RekhaViju

RekhaViju Bronze IL'ite

I had my first child at 35 and now she is a healthy 2 year old and we are expecting our second one. I pray to god that my children have a long healthy life.

My relatives in India were surprised that I had a normal delivery. I have atleast 5-6 Indian friends who conceived after 35 and have healthy children. And obviously most of my European friends had babies into their late thirties.

1 person likes this.
  10. healthy-mother

healthy-mother New IL'ite

Only beyond 35 there is a very minimal risk of Down Syndrome symptoms showing up. It really depends on how healthy you are and how much of a healthy lifestyle you are leading.

We know of many women who have given birth in their late 30s and 40s to their First child perfectly naturally, without any interventions. You should work with your doctor to let them know your desire. It all boils down to good antenatal care.

I dont know where you will be giving birth, but these days most doctors in India immediately shy away from even discussing normal delivery if you are close to 30. I believe this is a great disservice to mothers.

Please choose your doctor / hospital carefully and dont feel shy to ask them questions. After all it is your baby and you are the customer.

best wishes

Vijaya

1 person likes this.