1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It Is In Our Hands To Make Our Life Peaceful And Enjoyable

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, May 5, 2018.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

God brings us to this world for some purpose . Everyone has some positive and negative . It is difficult to be perfect. Lot of adjustment is necessary in life to lead a happy life. We need God's and elder's blessings for everything in life. I am blessed that I lead a happy life in old age because of God and elder's blessings. When you come up in life after struggling in the beginning then only you understand the value of life. I was taught to adjust in life , so I am following that in my life. I had the privilege of taking care of my mother, father and grandmother in their last days becauseof which I got ther blessings and they are always with me guiding me and showing the right path.

I also wonder about life. In my opinion I feel it is in our hands to make our married life peaceful and enjoyable. God makes the jodis , some are not happy with their better half and how much they try to change them it is difficult. If we are lucky and are able to adjust and forgive them for what we dont like in them then we can lead a peaceful life.

It is difficult to get a perfect partner but we can try to change them and if not possible we should change ourselves. In many things me and my husband are different but I have tried to adjust with him in the way he wants . He is very loving and caring though he is short tempered but that is only for a short time and he will forget about it as if nothing happened and once I asked him also why he gets angry sometimes for which he will say when I am angry how can I stop myself. I think you must have read my thread May be we are different from each other but we complete each other.

In present age in has become difficult for old age people to lead their life. The interest on investments have become less. So accordingly we have to live . My husband is very economic and spends only when it is very necessary. Thats why we are able to live a simple life .

If we have faith in God he will help us in need. I have had many experiences where God helped me .
    If we have God and elder's blessings then our life will be peaceful and enjoyable. It is in our hands.

July01, Thyagarajan, AnooSA and 15 others like this.

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Viji aunty,

a nice post explaining your simplicity! Thank you for sharing. As I read this,

I was reminded of something that has been circulating on the net for a long time now. Here it is -

"A man and a woman had been married for more than 60 years. They had shared everything. They had kept no secrets from each other except that the little old woman had a shoe box in the top of her closet that she had cautioned her husband never to open or ask her about. For all of these years, he had never thought about the box, but one day the little old woman got very sick and the doctor said she would not recover. In trying to sort out their affairs, the little old man took down the shoe box and took it to his wife’s bedside. She agreed that it was time that he should know what was in the box.

When he opened it, he found two crocheted dolls and a stack of money totaling $95,000. He asked her about the contents. “When we were to be married,” she said, “my grandmother told me the secret of a happy marriage was to never argue. She told me that if I ever got angry with you, I should just keep quiet and crochet a doll.”

The little old man was so moved; he had to fight back tears. Only two precious dolls were in the box. She had only been angry with him two times in all those years of living and loving. He almost burst with happiness.

“Honey,” he said, “that explains the doll, but what about all of this money? Where did it come from?”

“Oh, that?” she said. “That’s the money I made from selling the dolls.”

ranju5, Via, padma0604 and 9 others like this.
  3. iyerviji

Sabita dear you don't know how happy you have made me with your first feedback. Thanks.

Thanks for sharing about the couple. Very touching and something to learn As far as possible I also try not to argue and try to adjust

GeetaKashyap and Srama like this.
  4. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Your posts make us pause and think again and again. Thank you, Vijima, for Sharing your thoughts and experiences.

iyerviji likes this.
  5. iyerviji

Thanks dear for your lovely feedback and nominatio. God bless you

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

The way you and Mama complement each other is amazing. It is indeed a very good example for our generation and the younger one, especially in an era where there is so much discord as for marriages to often end on the rocks.

I suppose it is often a very romanticized notion of marriage that leads to a whole lot of problems. If we can begin to accept that we are individuals not just from different backgrounds but also with different personalities and interests and sometimes just agree to disagree, there would be a lot of peace all around.

iyerviji, sindmani and GeetaKashyap like this.
  7. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

wow ! hahahaha ! Not good enough to make sold, I m gonna try keeping some money for same thing. Materials things do matter !

thanks for snippet Viji Maa ! how are you doing ? you should also write the experiences of your life , you used to do that before ... please continue :)

iyerviji and Srama like this.
  8. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

I agree

Lot of time people think, let me get away from negative environment, negative people

This is good

However, these same people still feel negative in different environment, with different people

Maybe the problem lies within the individual

We can only rely on God. Either he will help change us, and people around us, or if person is really bad (like a criminal), God will remove that toxic person.

iyerviji likes this.
  9. iyerviji

Thanks for your compliments Satchi. Credit goes to mama who taught me to lead a simple life but I have wifi friends so sometimes I am not able to fulfill my wishes in giving gifts to them.they give costly gifts. Recently also had gone to Pune and visted my elder sister in law's two daughters family,dil's family and grand daughters. All four gave date and dhothi to us and also dress to my daughter and granddaughter daughter. I could take simple gifts. Also my contract bus friend gave Ys worthy gifts. Sis in law',s family also took us to chiwCh Dani per person 750 RS did not take money. We are living on interest and have to Dave for future also. Mama does not take money from children but saves for them.

I agree with your second para

messedup and satchitananda like this.
  10. iyerviji

Glad to get your feedback.I am ok . Glad you liked the post