It is a confident battle that pays off

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Savvyheal, Feb 6, 2012.

1. smileAlways

smileAlways Gold IL'ite

Hi savvy,
    Thanks for this thread. The heard survival stories of cancer are very rare. Being known the advancement in medical field, still fear of losing someone is the first feeling come to the mind, when hearing about cancer. Thanks for the the positive energy you bring in

1 person likes this.
  2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Savvyheal,

Thanks so much for sharing the story of this courageous lady here. We need to be reminded of people with no feet when we complain constantly about not having shoes.

I am reminded of our family doc who developed liver cancer and came down to his clinic to work right until the last day before he was admitted for the last time to the hospital. He never came back home but literally died with his shoes on.

Such people are real sources of inspiration for us to look up to and emulate.

2 people like this.
  3. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear savvyheal
    What a worthwhile post......only a person face to face with such a diagnosis will know what they go through, the magnitude of the situation is so intense. And then the social aspect, in her case the domestic situation too was different. Whatever said and done it really takes immeasurable strength to survive the battle,both emotionally and medically.
    Thank you Savvyy for presenting this living embodiment of vitality and courage, to your honour I make my first nomination for the month of Feb.
    Mega

1 person likes this.
  4. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Savvy,its a great post which spreads the positive attitude towards the readers...
    Salute to that brave girl...

1 person likes this.
  5. dipu81

dipu81 Junior IL'ite

Thanks Savvy for this wonderful thread. Very heartening to know about such courageous personalities. She is a real inspiration.

1 person likes this.
  6. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Very encouraging post.. Thanks for sharing ::)))

7. pranatim

pranatim Platinum IL'ite

This is a formula you know formula how to be positive in life. I feel doctors are like god even my family friends daughter who suffered 9 months and even doctor told she may live for another 2 to 3 months looking at her condition also said prayers play miracle and it really happened to her. Recently she is out of hospital and doctor told you have suffered enough and made others also suffer enough and spend enough now you go and dont come back here and he said it with a smile. Now she goes for a check up which is weekly, next for one monthly and then she will be at home. Once she was not able to move from her bed now she walks to the hospital with a smile on her face. That's definitely called confidence.

1 person likes this.
  8. dakshayaeni

dakshayaeni Silver IL'ite

Ladies, the thread has a very apt subject line for a true story that I am sharing with you. An executive and a mother of two when went to a night club recently got traumatized by hooligans from my own city. Its a shame I know. What I was not expecting is, that the lady went public with her trauma and ably helped by our city's detenctive department whose chief is again a lady, the hoooligans are now in jail. I and all my fellow citizens salute the ladies: one who was tormented and then battled with the society to go public to shout for justice and the other lady who brought the hooligans to book...

It was a battle for that lady who was traumatized since initially the police passed lewed comments about her character but she did not bother and went to private news channel and then our chief of detective department took over. I feel proud today.

2 people like this.