1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Ardhra....our mils seem to be very similar..Same with my mil..I don't know when she'll be all lovey-dovey with me and when she'll show her face at even some small thing I do. But usually the angelic face comes before she requires some favor from me..such as she wants me to give/do something for sil.

3 people like this.
  2. g3sudha

g3sudha IL Hall of Fame

Re: It happenly only in ILs house

My mil wants to buy a induction stove. (Reason her sister is having it).so she was waiting for her son( my dh) arrival.

last month my dh came. She immediately informed about the induction stove. Some how she convinced my dh and bought it. Whatever household things she buys, she will not keep it properly. Carelessness is the main reason. Nowthe induction stove is not working. Mil told he (my dh) wasted so much money to buy the induction stove. I told him not to waste money on these things. He didn't listen my words. If he would have given that money I would have bought some useful thing.

I am like :eek:mg:

4 people like this.
  3. aniShekar

aniShekar Platinum IL'ite

Ardhra, it's simpler than the weather pattern, IMO...It's just an IF-THEN algorithm...

IF FIL/DH pick on Ardhra

THEN MIL runs in offering support

ELSE
    MIL does the picking!!

A more cynical part of me says she's putting on a show supporting you. But I really hope this is not so. You already have a MIL in the form of your FIL, you don't need another one!

1 person likes this.
  4. gurpreetsingh

gurpreetsingh Gold IL'ite

Hi gals ,
    My ils are leaving to hometown .. WAS so scared when great mil arrived as she has habit of watching all time .. This time , I was so adamant in being myself and not giving in ..
    My mil's mom was looking at me continously for 2 full days and I got headache .. She just comes near to me and sees my face for long time ..
    So I totally stopped looking at her and I started to watch mobile , tv 24 / 7 .. Also I started answering in 1 word .. She has habit of asking 20 questions in one minute.. So my one word answering made a point that I do not want to answer .. I was feeling guilty sometimes that I was disrespecting her.. But when I respect her , all I was getting was stares and questions.. Now she doesnt talk to me and avoids .. Good for her .. good for me ..

My mil used to shout at me .. This time i totally avoideed going to kitchen and anyways I had several health issues due to preg.. This also saved me ... She is super cool sometimes and super angry sometimes.. As someone said weather is so unpredictable .. So this time , I repeated whatever she does .. I too kept long face to make sure no one dares to spoil my mood .. I just kept long face to avoid arguments etc...But as I kept long face , that long face has stayed back ... I usally smile most of times and move around in good mood .. But for acting , when i kept long face , i got habituated and that long face has statyed back ... Hope it goes away soon

I am feeling great that this time , I was able to manage without much headahes.. Otherwise usually I end up with headaches due to shoutings :)

For all ladies who face ils with long faces , plz avoid looking at their face ..Believe me it helps a lot which I have realized :)

12 people like this.
  5. priyasaki

priyasaki Gold IL'ite

last week my co-sis brother got married...
    it is a ritual in our place to call newly married couple for the feast...
    my BIL gave us the menu what all we need to prepare (usually he will not interfere in these things, but this time he took the initiative the invite the couples and gave the menu also)... the menu looked good for me and my co-sis...
    so we accepted and started preparing the items...
    it was for dinner and so we started at 6pm and done with cooking by 8pm...

Menu:

Sweet
    Cutlet
    Ragi dosa - coriander chutney
    Chapathi - veg kuruma
    Fried idly
    Mushroom biriyani - raitha
    Curd rice

the couple had dinner at 8pm and left to their place...

By 9pm my MIL started shouting... isn't it enough to cook 2 items for them...
    Y r u both doing all these things'?...
    my co-sis said in a cool voice, they are newly married couples we should do it like this only, where all we went for feast we were treated like this...
    again MIL started shouting again, it is not necessary to do all this...
    then i pitched in the scene... asked MIL directly
    "haven't u asked to me what u ate whenever i went to my relatives house"?
    "No i have not asked u, i am least interested in it"
    "ok, haven't u asked me how much money they gave in thamboolam?"
    "Sometimes i have asked"
    "The same happens with that couple, on returning elders in their house will ask them what have to ate for dinner. what we both have done is correct"

MIL still shouting...
    co-sis said i have not planned the menu, it is ur son who planned the menu and invited them for dinner, if u have any other questions ask him directly don't shout at us...

we both came out of the room entered kitchen and started having dinner...
    she entered the kitchen and started again, no one has respect to me nowadays...
    all are speaking whatever they want... i started laughing and co-sis BP got raised because of her words... then i started consoling my co-sis we invited ur brother, treated him well, he went contented, be happy for that, leave this idiot lady, let her shout whatever she wants... then my co-sis came to a good mood...

will my MIL accept if we treat her own brother like this?...
    what a stupid creature in this world?...

12 people like this.
  6. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

she wants u to cook 2 items and call newly wed for a feast? :biglaugh

7. chillbreeze

Next time she invites some one, prepare dhal and roti and remind her she only said two items are enough for a feast Harhar

8 people like this.
  8. coolpinky

coolpinky Platinum IL'ite

Exactly happened with me when we went to my sis house for the first time after marriage. MIL asked me what was in the menu at my sis house.....

My sis had a cook that time, but still she had cooked all by herself for my DH.

MIL asked me what was in the menu at my sis house.....

I told her everything and forgot to mention about the sweet.
    She immediately asked "Did'nt she prepare any sweet or kheer for you people?"
    I replied " Oh, yes they got sweets from the sweet shop"
    That shut her up. Her face was woth watching then....

9. priyasaki

priyasaki Gold IL'ite

shantana,

yeah, this is what she meant...

chillbreeze,

y to cook dhal and roti dear...
    i am going to keep curd rice and pickle as 2 items for her relations...:rotfl

8 people like this.
  10. chillbreeze

Even better....that's the spirit :clap

3 people like this.