1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ishq Wala Love V/s Emotional Blackmail Love

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by pinky2cute, Jul 5, 2017.

1. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

Hello all wonder women,

This is an update from me. Almost all would have gone through my past thread where I was going through worst battle with inlaws and an immature husband putting my marriage at risk.

I was 70% sure that our marriage is gonna end but somehow I can't say how or why but I missed him terribly but I was mentally preparing myself that i will get over this phase and that it doesnt matter if I'm gonna get divorced.
    Deep inside I prayed to God to guide me the way which is good for me ... Whether it is with my husband or without him.

I dont know how but my husband missed me terribly and he started calling me but i was stern yet talking to him. He realised the change in my tone... I stopped showing him love and care... I just talked to him like i would to an acquaintance.

Previously i used to be concerned with everything about him ...bt as he noticed that i stopped thinking or caring about him... Maybe he realised how much i had loved him ... I donno how but he started realising his parents were wrong....
    But as with most of the indian men...he didn't have guts to accept his parents were wrong.

So Months passed and he saw I didn't trust his words...i dint show him any care ...i stopped giving him importance.... He cried one day that he cant bear my ignorance towards him... He said he cant undo past neither he can leave parents nor go against them...bt he said he wants to correct his mistakes n support me.

Now also not everything is fine between us. But now he understands the value of my love. He respects me as his wife and as a person. He doesnt force me to talk to his parents. He doesnt let his parents' any kind of emotional blackmailing against me to affect him or us.

He is not financially still supporting me... Bt i also have told him that once i start earning, i will pay off my educational loans n give remaining to my parents Nd a part i will save for myself....

We meet once a month and spend time together. Have good intimacy and learning to bond with each other and make it stronger..so that no 3rd person can enter in it.

Things that I learned in these past few months :
    1. Its a waste of time and energy to think about mending ways with inlaws when they are wrong yet have the audacity to blame DIL and her parents.
    2. I have cut my ties with PILS and have told my husband that I can't live with them under same roof. I told him he can rent another flat nearby for us but I'm not gonna stay eith inlaws.
    Surprizingly, he agreed though havent yet moved out as right now I'm in a different city owing to my education. But he promised we will move out after i complete my studies nd come back to him.

3. I had a deal with him. I wont interfere between a son and his parents as long as parents don't interfere in son and his wife's lives.

4. I told him clearly that if he or his parents utter one abusive word against me or my parents then I will forget that I was raised with manners and I will use the filthiest language that they can't even bear and also that the day it happens will be mylast day in this marriage as his wife.

So now that i set the boundaries....so far I'm living in peace. Inlaws not interfering between us.
    Even now we fight but now my husband doesnt tell anyone abt it and we resolve it in a mature way ourselves.

Things that still bother me :

1. I'm unable to trust him after all the past. The wound is still fresh and I'm unable to close the past totally and moveon though I'm trying. I still catch his silly lies which may seem insignificant but for me a lie is a lie and i cant trust him.
    Like he lied to me he is busy n cant come to meet me over weekend bt the same weekend he went to his distant cousin's wedding with his parents.
    Later when i asked why, he said he didnt want to go bt his parents forced him to accompany.

2. Though he promised we will move out after my education... I can't trust him and keep thinking what of he is just telling me this to calm me for the time being n what if when the timecomes, he may backout and ask me to adjust with his monstrous parents.

3. He sti doesnt share his financial details or his bank account details with me. He is anyhow not spending for me but when he comes to meet me...he pays the hotelstay and food and other expenses atleast.
    But i still feel... shouldn't i have the right to know his finances?
    On the other end...he stil shares every bank detail with his parents esp father. He recently gifted iphone to his father who doesnt even know how to operate a smartphone well. Whereas for my bday he didnt even gift a rose forgrt avout celebrating it. The reason given : i have no money to celebrate.

So my query is...how to deal now? He is changing and i can see him change in many aspects but when it comes to finances, he just doesn't think about me.

P.S i dont want people to judge me that I'm behind my husband for money. I'm certainly not!. I don't even ask him wherr he spends how much and on whom though i know he spends most on himself and his parents...not even saves his salary for our future!
    I just want total honesty and transparency in our marriage including finances.i would def share mine once i earn.

Valuable replies are welcome.

Umanga likes this.

2. Emarald

Emarald Silver IL'ite

OP

All couples have fight over finances in initial years of marriage. Its normal and universal. Don't worry too much about it right now because you are not earning yet. If he is living with his parents he has to spend on that household. Once you guys start living separate you can expect joint account. By that time you will be earning too. Being only child he will have to support his parents forever.

What you are facing is very common problem in many Indian marriages. Try to focus on finishing your education, residency or internship, get job and then start living together. I understand your wounds are still fresh. Time only heals everything. Be smart, strong and independent. this is how life is for everyone. Count your blessings and ignore negativity. As you grow older you will learn to prioritize. Do not plan for baby if you are not sure about strength of your marriage.

pinky2cute and poovai like this.
  3. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

OP,

Time is the healer for the hardship you had to go through with ILs. Wait and see, what happens when you finish your education. Till then, maintain the same cordial relationship, neither ignore him and not accept him completely.

My guess is, he will not change much. But, will set up a house near his parents.
    Protect yourself from emotional disappointment.

pinky2cute likes this.
  4. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

Op,

As you said that wound is still fresh, take one day at a time, dont overboard with financial things, it will take both partners to trust each other, for that it needs unconditional bonding. It is too early for you to expect him to share all his financial details, as you both are trying to re-built the relationship.

Good luck.

pinky2cute likes this.
  5. Sweety2016

Sweety2016 Gold IL'ite

Forget about the finances for time being OP..First make your bond strong and automatically he will open up..Dont expect him to pay for you..manage yourself and when you start getting salary use it as per your discretion..BTW Even I too dont like sharing financial details with my H and dont want to know reg his money as well. Saving and all will happen..Whats the hurry? You guys are young and able professionals...Concentrate on your life together..that is most important

6. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

I think sharing financial details with the spouse is really important and reluctance to do so implies that there is a lack of trust in the marriage . You should focus on finishing your education, getting a job and then clarify things with the husband . Please don't share your financial information until and unless he shares his . Wish you the very best !

pinky2cute and pinkgal like this.
  7. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Dear @pinky2cute

Take everything step by step. As you said he is changing himself in some aspects. It's a positive thing, atleast he is understanding the value of relationship and trying to change himself. As of now don't think about finance matters, keep that as secondary. Your primary attention should be on making the bonding stronger with him, give him some time to adjust / digest with the new changes he brought in himself. Once he used to these changes, as a second step you can take up the finance matters.

But trust me, once the bonding and understanding becomes stronger, definitely everything falls in place slowly. In future he will definitely open up and will be transparent about the finances also.

Good Luck.

pinky2cute likes this.
  8. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

a
    If I may make a suggestion: It is useful to cultivate skill in communicating with and managing people. There is a time to spell things out explicitly with precision, and there are times when it is better to leave some wiggle room for yourself. The statement above may work better if you were to say "If your parents are abusive, then I will feel compelled to respond in the strongest possible terms as I see fit." That's it. What form your response might actually take you can modify according to the situation, while he can wonder what that might be. Always allow yourself some flexibility; whether you use it or not is a different matter, but don't paint yourself into a corner right at the outset. Speak and act in ways that maximize your degrees of freedom, not in ways that reduce it.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  9. pinky2cute

Thanks for the reply. You are right. I dont eant a baby anytime sooner till he proves he is changing nd our relation strengthens.

My main worry is that after all the insults and demands and lies and emotional blackmail of his parents... I just can't forgive them and get along with them . But i also know that no matter whatever they did, my husbnd wont stop caring or financially taking care if his parents n I wouldn't stop him either as he is only son and they are depenedent on him for money and emotionally as well.
    But they are not letting him grow up and change. He still first cared abt his parents n makes them his priority and i come last for him.
    How to make him think that as much as he is free to do whatever he wants for his parentd, i as his wife want him to prioritise me and our relation esp as our relation is strained to the point of breakup/divorce

10. pinky2cute

Thanks for the reply. I too feel the same. I wud behappy even if he takes a house next to his parents. I cant stand them even a sec under same roof. They hv emotionally blackmailed my dh did all thr melodrama of how a son shud do as his parents wish n nt listen to wife n bla blah.
    I had thought this is end. But inspite of all the negative influence... Dh kept calling me n he kept saying he cant live without me bt he cant go against his parents either.
    So far he is maintaing well bt only financial aspect he still shares everythng with parents n nt me.
    Also fr anything....he 1st places his parents as priority n me at the end