Is Vasthu Essential for an Apartment

Discussion in 'Housing' started by SudhaManimaran, Nov 16, 2010.

1. SudhaManimaran

SudhaManimaran Bronze IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    we are searching for an apratment in south chennai.
    How much vasthu we can consider when looking for an apartment?
    Many well known builders are not agreeing to change most of the structural changes.
    so i want your valuable suggestions in this..

Regards,
    Sudha Manimaran

2. rsk11584

rsk11584 Silver IL'ite

Lol this Vastu hype has catched just now, we build our own house in 1998, without any much vastu but now there are special vastu pandits who will rip you off the money for telling unnecessary changes / pariharam etc. It depends if you are staunch believer of vaastu then go ahead. For your information no builder will build whole house on vastu basis unless he decides to sell the flats to a particular community only, he doesnt know who the owner is going to be, owner might be from any community , religion , so not necessarily concerned about vaastu.

And for peace there should be calmness in persons heart too, not only in house. So dont give much heed to vaastu. This is my opinion, advice. Just ask anyone who bough a house some 10-15 yrs ago, and ask are they not living happily? Do try to realize that this vastu is marketing gimmick, to exploit money in name of god, well being from innocent people like you.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sudha, south chennai builders know that the flats should be atleast a little vaastu compliant..when i say vaastu, the fire place is placed east..and the main door is north/east..but with independent houses it is possible. for others you need to adjust with the rest.

you can always ask for a east facing fire place.(i mean the stove provision.).

i personally do not go too much into this vaastu as we will tend to blame the vaastu for everything..there were reasons for the placement of your bed away from the north as it was going to disturb because of the magnetic field..avoiding westside windows was to reduce the heat from the setting sun, which will take long to cool and the heat will be felt in the bedrooms..

all the best.

4. SudhaManimaran

Thanks shanthi,

Ur answers show some light on my face....
    i will try to chk these things when considering....

Regards,
    Sudha

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sudha,

you are welcome. all the best.

My fil wanted a east facing house..when we went hunting we did not get that. so the community block in which the house is east facing and our entrance gate is east facing and the main door is north facing and we did convince him that 2/3 is east.. sometimes need to go with the gut and flow..

follow your instincts and many in this forum will tell you that i am right when i say follow your instincts..your home (The ONE) feels like it is yours even before it is done..not every plan/projects feels that way...

6. kiranmadhu

kiranmadhu Senior IL'ite

As Shanthi said, you could opt for east facing kitchen counter table. Vaasthu is a broad architectural plan which makes sure there is ample light and ventilation in all the required places of the house through out the year.
    The east is the place the sun rises (though it is towards northeast for 6 months and southeast for 6 months). So east facing makes sure, there is ample light in the northeast (living room) and southeast (kitchen). The bedroom requires least light and hence the southwest sector with less number of openings is recommended for bedroom.
    This may not be possible to implement in apartments. If you are going to reside in a higher floor, you are anyway going to get ample ventilation. Living in ground floor vaasthu compliant apartment in high rise apartments with not much space between blocks is not going to anyway give you much light.
    Vaasthu was designed when the apartment structures were not heard of. So go for a flat that suits your mind and budget. That would work well.

7. SudhaManimaran

Thank you kiranmadhu,
    u gave me a detailed explaination on vasthu...
    anyway v will try 2 chk these things when considering...
    Regards,
    Sudha manimaran