Is this marriage lawful or not

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by srinivas10050, May 15, 2013.

1. srinivas10050

srinivas10050 New IL'ite

Hi everyone, I am a south Indian Girl(21yrs) and i am in love with my cousin sister's son(24yrs). He is my mother's eldest sister's daughter's son and we love each other and want marry soon but we are not having courage to talk about it with our parents and we both are not ready to elope and get married. Please suggests me is it lawful and acceptable by law and society.

2. RPVAIL

RPVAIL Silver IL'ite

Your mother's, elder sister's daughter is your sister in relation and her son is your nephew. You are his mother's younger sister.

I am no legal expert but you already know how socially acceptable would that relation be.

3. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

while marrying your sister's son is acceptable or not by the (IL) society can be discussed here for pages/chapters,
    you may want to post your query in some advocates forum instead to find out whether it is lawful.

4. DinkyManoj

DinkyManoj Silver IL'ite

Don worry in certain community u can marry ur distant cousin, as he becomes ur distant mama, so if tat is the problem den go ahead n get married:)

5. rose2000

rose2000 Silver IL'ite

He is your sister's son who is equivalent to your son. He can't be your distant mama as stated above. I don't think anybody in south india will agree to this.

6. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

gosh how can you marry the son it is not acceptable anywhere in the world ........... :(

7. poojasaruthri

poojasaruthri Junior IL'ite

Hi, as others said how can you marry your own son. Your sister's son means your son. Our hindu custom doesn't allow this marriage and even our society will not accept it. Also law does not allow marriage between prohibited relationship. If you both get married then your marriage will be legally void.

8. Irfana3300

Irfana3300 Silver IL'ite

Love has no eye!!!!!!!!May be most of the men like this. they are blind for Love. But women tend to be more practical here. Allow ur brain to take the decision. Think about the hindu customs. No body will accept this marriage. Think about the society in which u living.

9. dave08

dave08 New IL'ite

I guess now I know where the term 'love is blind' comes from!