1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is this life? Just confused....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SGBV, Oct 7, 2014.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I always wondered about the meaning of our lives. What is the purpose of our birth? Why are we facing all these challenges? Why God gives troubles to some and not for others? So many questions arises whenever we sail through a tough sea. But the satisfaction of winning every single challenge in life can not be equated with anything. Life goes on and on as it is fated.

I was wondering about this man, who is the most humble, darling and amazing person I could ever relate with. I always felt jealous about the girl this man was going to marry because I knew this one can be a great husband, friend, and a father to any woman who enters into his life as wife.
    There comes his marriage, an average girl (not on looks, but on character) came in as his wife. Instead of praising lord for her luck, she cursed her fate for having been married to this man. She tried to separate him from his family, and eventually found only the darker side of this person, which no one (even him) never knew before. As fate decided, this girl never enjoyed the blissful marriage life which all of us were feeling jealous about.

There is another woman, a charming beautiful, talented and energetic young fellow. I could say, I always admired her energy as she was supper duper woman both at home and career front. A mom, who could do anything for her kids, but again a successful lawyer too.
    Even after spending almost half of her day at office and court, she would still insist on preparing home made food for her family, that too special restaurant type foods on different style. She keeps her home tidy, loves her in laws like her own parents, and the list can go on and on... But I learned her H had never loved her though they were married for a decade now. He had a past, never come out of his past, and eventually went away with his past girl friend-who was a divorcee then.

There are people who dream about having partners just like the above mentioned man and woman. Even I too feel one's life will be filled if they are blessed with such a beautiful, healthy, friendly, understanding, caring, happy and energetic life partners. But instead of praising lord for the blessing, people complicate their life for whatever the reason and eventually fail in their lives.

The good ones (the man and the woman and many others like them) despite being great in character also eventually fails in their lives because of their wrong partners.

If marriages are to be fixed in heaven, then why can't God fix the better matches?

If God is to punish the evil doers, then why the good ones too suffer the same for none of their mistakes? Then how come God justifies his judgement?

Some people lead a very peaceful life while the others go through a rough phase in their life almost all the times? Why?
    Is that for their sins, or someone else's sin or the GOD has decided that these souls are capable of facing the troubles; hence put more and more burden on them?

Just confused? :confused2:

sindmani, FromMars, Vittala and 5 others like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

SGBV dear a good post. I was just thinking about you and was surprised to see a post from you. I also wonder about life. In my opinion I feel it is in our hands to make our married life peaceful and enjoyable. God makes the jodis , some are not happy with their better half and how much they try to change them it is difficult. If we are lucky and are able to adjust and forgive them for what we dont like in them then we can lead a peaceful life.

It is difficult to get a perfect partner but we can try to change them and if not possible we should change ourselves. In many things me and my husband are different but I have tried to adjust with him in the way he wants . He is very loving and caring though he is short tempered but that is only for a short time and he will forget about it as if nothing happened and once I asked him also why he gets angry sometimes for which he will say when I am angry how can I stop myself. I think you must have read my thread May be we are different from each other but we complete each other.

If we have God and elder's blessings then our life will be peaceful and enjoyable. It is in our hands.

sindmani, Vittala, Tavishi25 and 5 others like this.
  3. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Dear SGBV

It's mostly our perception to think A or C or D's life is perfect when we go through all the hardships. How do we know if its peaceful or not? who knows what they may be going through, he/she may put a brave face before others or may not share anything explicitly. It's the brain conditioning to think others are always better than me, during bad times. One may have a perfect life partner but may not be financially sound, few may not be physically fit, some do not have stable career..the list go on. Everything just looks great superficially. Each one of us would have gone or will have to go through ups and downs of life.
    Nobody, just nobody has a perfect life. everybody has their own problems. Just that some people know how to deal with in a perfect way. Again who knows how hard the learning process was?

However, it's sad those 2 people had to battle with difficult life.

sindmani likes this.
  4. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

I too knew someone like your man, my colleague when I was in my 20's. He too seemed perfect person, going to be perfect hubby to some lucky girl or so we all, inexperienced 20 something girls, thought. We went our separate ways and lost touch. Now after so many years, mainly through social network I caught up with some friends from that period, and to my shock that person is no more anything like what we could have predicted. difficult life yes but self created by own choices and very difficult to understand why (shocking in the negative sense)

From that what I learnt is 'Dont go by the surface looks, appearances or superficial talks.' Most of the ppl who try so hard to project image of being perfect this or that in public are doing so for a reason. The genuine ppl are themselves, they have nothing to prove.

Didnt mean to take away from your thought -provoking post, but your example reminded me of that guy.

sindmani and FromMars like this.
  5. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Dear SGBV,
    Have come across such people and i have wondered too..Remember there is saying? Grass on the other side is always greener.. We never know the walks of life or the life path of others..They might pretend to be happy outside..We can never predict what is happening within them..No one is Mr.Perfect or Ms Perfect in this world...One who is not afraid of storms can sail his ship..it all depends on the individual capability as to how they handle their situations smartly...

sindmani likes this.
  6. tulip2012

tulip2012 Silver IL'ite

SGBV.. very thoughtful and relevant post.
    In fact it is consoling though..

I was thinking of my case...
    I am an average look ( not fair - but I have won few contests in my college days and early careers )
    I am really good at managing home, cooking, crafts, stitching, takes care of my in laws more than my parents and all.. but DH takes it all or granted..
    I am earning more than double his pay and I save a lot by taking care of most of the stitching needs and all..but I dont have any freedon for anything
    nothing he plans with me an kids
    for everything he needs his parents...

7. kishoreg

kishoreg Gold IL'ite

Clarity of ideas and the right approach can fix things safer if one neglects to keep that balance everything will be messy...

8. sweety127

sweety127 Gold IL'ite

thought provoking post sgbv..

i too keep wondering in similar lines especially after marriage..

I wont vouch for the fact that ppl leading peaceful life do it even after having their own list of pblms and they put up a brave face..it projects as if am a cribber with no positivity. It is the intensity of the problem that really matters..For me love is the most important thing in life..Inspite of having a successful career, good looks, confidence, wonderful life I am suffering miserably since marriage..I am not even able to live with my H leave aside all my ILaws pblm adding fuel to fire..All this is threatening to take away what I consider as my top priority "LOVE" and hence am in pain
    Whereas a colleague of mine got married to a person in her dept itself stating love is secondary and it is the financial part that is more important in life. Daily I look at this couple coming together, eating together and working together and feel how blessed and peaceful they are..They are indeed! its reflected in their faces..She got what she wanted so she is peaceful..not sure of the love they have for each other..She too might have pblms but she can handle it peacefully..

Similarly I will become peaceful when I get what I wanted..So there is disparity in the world..Some are tormented more & since I have no answers I blindly believe and attribute all my pains to my karma of previous birth..I also think of ppl who suffer more than me and practice gratitude. That is the only way I can find peace in myself & helps me sustain my faith in god.

Whatever the situation is if we follow the path of dharma and truth though things wont change at present for a suffering soul it will be definitely accounted for on the judgement day!

1 person likes this.
  9. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Vijima

This is the mantra that I follow in my life now. Me and my husband are two different extremes. Perhaps, we fell in love as the opposites attracts. Lots of problems came since the beginning of our marriage due to this. But now a days, we both follow this mantra, and it naturally fixed our marriage with time.

Just that, we try to change each other diplomatically for some times until we give up, and then we eventually look into the positives of their style/way of thinking. So, it wont be that difficult to change ourselves and be on the same line. No matter which path we take, the end destination is the same - that is happiness in our marriage. Seems an easy method though

I am rushing for a meeting now, will respond when I am free

10. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Not all good men make good husbands or fathers.Mahatma Gandhi is a good example. I have seen a lot of men who are neither humble not very good in general make excellent husbands and fathers.

There is a saying in hindi....'Dil gadhi pe aaya to paree kya cheez hai'.Translated literally it means...if you fall in love with even a donkey(here it probably means...a girl not so eligible).....you covet her more than a fairy.The heart wants what the heart wants. Some people are not looking for perfect partners....just someone who makes their heart beat faster.

In the end it is about people being with the 'right' person...not the perfect one.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    1 person likes this.