1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Is There Such A Thing As Too Much Protein?

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by Naari, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Umanga

Umanga Gold IL'ite

I don't understand why you are against organic. With so many pesticides and artificial growth hormones being used, especially in the States, going organic is a no-brainer.

Organic just means that they don't use any artificial substances in raising the crop or the animal (if its for dairy products), be it pesticides, fertilisers or growth hormones.

Why wouldn't you trust the farmers? This being the West you can be assured they have a fairly robust quality assurance process.

2. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

I know what Organic means. I am not as much against organic as much I am not convinced of the negative effects of consuming non-organic (regular) foods. Do we know for sure that I will be living 5 years longer if I consume organic foods or 5 years shorter by consuming non-organic? No, nothing's been proven yet, except the common sensical appeal to people that pesticides are bad for you and organic means grown without pesticides. Yes, I understand but having said that there are no well documented studies to suggest any specific longevity or other specific positive effects of only consuming organic.

Also, you are paying substantially higher for organic, without any documented results to show that you would be worse off eating non-organic foods. So, the cost-benefit calculation in my head suggests "No for organic" currently, till we have something more cemented in it's favor.

Sandycandy likes this.
  3. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Yes ! My bad ! The non-organic ones have more pesticides .

4. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Actually no , there was an article some time ago which did mention some farmers falsely claimed their produce to be organic.