1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is The Saying Blood Is Thicker Than Water True?

Discussion in 'Adoption' started by Shreema86, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

For the most part I don't believe this saying is true. But I watched this video today and this tiny little doubt is growing in my mind. What do you think ladies? Adoptee parents can love their child very dearly , I have no doubt . But do adopted children love their parents deeply as well?? or is their biological connection to their birth parents so strong that it overrides the love they have for their adoptive parents?

2. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

Yes, adopted children love their new parents, just as non-adopted children love their biological parents. Each family is different- There are people who grow up in families in which they are all blood-related, but they have little love to share between them. There are families with adopted children, and outsiders (and insiders) would be surprised to find that they are not blood related - the bond is that strong.

I don't think a biological connection overrides the emotional connection created between parent and child. I have heard many adopted children saying that they were curious about their birth mothers or fathers, and at some time in their lives, fantasized about being with them - but biological children do the same thing - fantasize about being raised by ideal parents. In the end, we all still love the people who raised us and were truly part of our lives.