1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is that Love? - Part I – Let’s see…

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Malar2301, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

It was an important day in her life. Rather unforgettable day! The day she waited for a long and wanted mostly. Though it was an expected day, she was restless standing with her lawyer in the court.

All the formalities were over and there came finally the papers – Divorse

Manoj came to her with a smile.

“Thanks Hema…I never thought I would get it so easy. It is all because of you. Thanks a lot for your understanding. Please feel free to contact me for any help…Ok…Bye”

Hema just gave a blank smile in return. Manoj moved towards his car happily waving his hands at him. Rishi…his lover!!

Hema started her Streak towards her home. She couldn’t stop thinking the day Manoj had come to see her. Manoj – a smart looking guy, very handsome and placed in a very good job.

She spoke very few words to him on that day “I have to look after my mother after my marriage. So If you are ok with that…we can proceed…”. Without second thought he said “Ok. I have no issues with that…”

Exactly two years back, the same day she got marriged to Manoj. Everything was fine until marriage. She never had any clues until that night about Manoj, which made her dream so much about her future life with him. Like any other girl, Hema entered his room with loads of dreams and excitement.

She got shaken. Manoj was in sound sleep. She thought because of the tiredness he would have slept. Days passed, months flew but it was not as she dreamt. Manoj was different to her in front of others and he was different to her when they are alone.

It almost took an year for her to understand that Manoj was not normal. One find day, she questioned Manoj about her doubt. Manoj had accepted immediately as though he was waiting for a chance.

“Hema…I’m sorry. Try to understand. I can’t open this up to anyone. This society will not accept it. And I can’t live without him. Can we mutually get divorced? We can lead our own way. Get married to some one whom you like. I will tell me parents that I need some break to forget everything and move abroad along with him. Please Hema…understand my problem…please…I request you…”

By the time he finished, Hema was broken down and sat on the sofa shocked. How could she stop him, when he is not interested in her…no..no…in girls. Could she tell him that she loves him so much? Does that gonna make any difference? How stupid…Oh my love, my life, my future…is all question mark now.

She didn’t utter a work to him and went out. She came back after an hour and said “We shall go and apply mutual consent tomorrow.” And went to bed.

In the course of the year, the love towards him vanished. Hema was not against the kind of person Manoj was. All her justification was, he should have told her before marriage or shouldn’t have got married at all. She felt him a coward who spoiled the life of her for the sake of his incapability. After applying divorce, she waited for each and every day to run faster.

And finally, she got the papers on her second wedding anniversary. An unforgettable day in her life. But actually she wanted to forget the incidents that happened before that day and the day as well.

She reached her home and saw her mom waiting for her. She didn’t speak anything but showed her the papers. Her mother doesn’t know the reason for their divorse. Just believed her daughter.

“Ma…I do not want dinner…I need rest…” she went inside her room and shut the door.

She tried to close her eyes to get sleep…but…

Let’s See……

2. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai Malar,
    Nice start up. Hema now only should be courage enough to lead her life. Now she realised why people are telling LOVE IS BLIND. Hope HEMA will brave enough to face anything in her life. Waiting for the next one my dear IL.

3. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Hai Malar,

Nice start up... Enjoyed the blog... Anxiously waiting for the next....

Shanti

4. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Dear Malar,

Great start to an eagerly-making-us-wait series.
    My empathies are fully with the Hema, hope she gets her life re-structured soon.

Cheers,
    Saras

5. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Malar,
    An interesting start!
    Waiting for next.....

6. Veni77

Veni77 Gold IL'ite

Dear Malar,

Liked the story flow..a different one..
    waiting for the next episode

7. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Very interesting and different story dear. really courageous... waiting eaderly to see.how hemas life going to turn out..... hope it should be all well.....nice narration as always:)

ilt

8. rayhaan

rayhaan Bronze IL'ite

Hey Malar, reading your posts after a very long time...
    I read the second part first and traced this one... Two different stories and that too in a series... Very interesting Malar... looking forward to the next one..