Is shopping during discount sale beneficial??

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by TiShaH, Jan 14, 2014.

1. TiShaH

TiShaH Bronze IL'ite

Hi gals, we all love to shop.
    And when we get more in less.. Means during discount sale... For sum people its like.."We buy more than we actually need.. Its too crowded.. We dont get fresh lot or perfect size!!"
    some people say " we can buy more in less, we wait for this sale period !!"

So do you really think shopping during discount sale is actually beneficial and economical ??
    Plz Post your opinion......

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

In some cases it is beneficial and economical......
    During discount period I do visit the shops if I feel it is worth buying I will just picking it up. Like last week I just went for a window shopping and landed up buying 2 lovely purses of vanheusen which were actual price ranging from 4 to 5K I paid only 2 to 2.5k when you can get such lovely deals then why not buy and keep it for use.:)
    If I get such deals I love to buy.

1 person likes this.
  3. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

i usually buy branded stuff for kids & myself...........hubby will always find something in New section:)..
    if you have control over impulsive shopping ,its really good as you get branded stuff for less & as Aruna mentioned,purses,sunglasses,shoes don't go out of fashion frequently & are good bargain......personally,i am not very fashion conscious so sales work for me as I can use the stuff for next couple of years.......

1 person likes this.
  4. nalini468

nalini468 Gold IL'ite

No. I don't think shopping during discount sale is beneficial/economical.....
    Actually, they increase the cost of the item and place discount on that item. Finally, we will end up buying that item for the original cost itself. Most of the stores follow this procedure only as per my opinion.;-)
    I think we can just visit the stores to know how much discount they give on which type of items so that we can know how the market is when they give us discount...:8)

2 people like this.
  5. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

Discount or any such sale is usually to clear OLD STOCKS & never for new/latest things-I personally feel clothes shoud always be bought when needed ANd the best-not because some sale is running-

6. sree02psl

sree02psl New IL'ite

Yes, it is true, in discount times we think we are getting for cheaper price but actually we pay little more price than the original price.
    I have experienced some times :shock:

7. alpsheidi

alpsheidi Senior IL'ite

yes i agree to the above... usually during sale i and my dh used to visit homecentre, we get some good stuff there, household items - mats, towels, cutlery etc. for less amout:thumbsup we eagerly wait for this... as its worth the money

but the only point is when its discount sale we need to check the quality and from where we buy the items......thinkingsmiley

8. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

I look for the sales here, especially for my son who seems to grow out of his pants every 2 months. Since in the US there is no uniform system, my son lives in jeans. And a good pair of jeans for kids can cost about $30. Which is too much when he is going to wear it only a couple of months. What we typically do is buy multiple pairs when the sales are on (especially here the day after Thanksgiving is a great day to shop)and we buy a couple of pairs of current size and one size bigger and another couple of sizes bigger. That way he is covered for the year. Just for example, the jeans that regularly cost $30 can come down to as much as $10 a pair. Which is a real bargain.

9. TiShaH

TiShaH Bronze IL'ite

Generally branded stuff has company's fixed price tag so during sale we can check the amount of discount that is on offer. No doubt it requires a bit of effort and time but you get good bargains. moneysmiley
    Like i purchased diamond jewellery from a very reliable brand and got a handsome discount on that which allowed my pocket to buy 2 items in place of one :2thumbsup:.
    So go for the genuine sale and get the Best Deals.

10. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

The shop keeper never would lose his profits. Discount is a way of provoking the inner desire to shop more.

We land up buying more that what we genuinely need.

My dad is a Economist. He keeps insisting on that Discount is a trick by the shopkeeper, to encourage more shopping by the customer.