is saffron effective for fair complexion of baby

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Rachna, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Rachna

Rachna Gold IL'ite

Thanks to all of you for useful information :)

2. luv2smile

luv2smile Silver IL'ite

rachna, i like your signature on baby growth :)))

3. rkk1

rkk1 Gold IL'ite

I am of fair complexion, but have always thought Indian women with mocha skin are absolutely gorgeous. I love their color. When it came time for my marriage, I got more appreciation from Indian men due to my color... which I found unfortunate. I don't see why fair skin should be valued over darker skin. I just want to suggest that Indian women make their children feel beautiful no matter what the color of the child. It does not make any sense to treat fair color as being more valuable than darker color... why perpetuate this needless discrimination? Do not praise your children on basis of skin color or suggest to them that someone is more beautiful because of being fair-skinned,.... but instead, teach them that the value of a person comes from that person's own internal goodness and talents that he or she brings to this world.

7 people like this.
  4. star83

star83 Senior IL'ite

Very useful info on saffron.

5. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

No it is not myth..u can say its granny's tip..try to take 3-4 saffron threads with milk everyday..try to dink coconut milk Asa much u can

6. anonymous2011

anonymous2011 Senior IL'ite

It is just a myth. Babies features develops based on genes.

7. Nanimom

Nanimom Gold IL'ite

pls dont drink tender coconut water in empty stomach whether you are pregnant or normal. I read in a book that it will . cause food poisoning if u take it in empty stomach and I confirmed it with my doctor too

8. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

I drunk throughout my preg ( both) and it was adviced by my Gynac in Muscat

9. aditibose78

aditibose78 Silver IL'ite

Hey!

Here are a few pointers regarding saffron consumption during pregnancy.

1. There has been no research to prove that saffron consumption during pregnancy will lead to lighter skin of the baby.
    2. A dose of less than 10 gms is the maximum that a pregnant lady should consume. Higher dosage have known to cause contractions and even miscarriage.
    3. Saffron should be consumed only after the first trimester as its does cause uterine contraction
    4. When adding it to milk, the maximum should be not more than 3-4 strands.
    5. In small does saffron does reduce the blood pressure and also pregnancy mood swings.
    6. Some mothers tend to use it to aid digestion and to increase appetite. However, before starting consumption, do consult your doctor.
    7. While buying saffron make sure of the ISI marked government approved brands. Check on the expiry date.

Also go through similar discussion on these threads on the IL forum -

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/pregnancy/54664-saffron-during-pregnancy.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/pregnancy/141533-saffron-during-pregnancy.html

10. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Hi Rachna,

My son is 15 months old and my personal experience is Saffron does not help in fair baby, its taken during 3rd trimster to help in ease delivery, tats what i was told. But yes I did take saffron and my son is not fairrr but yes he is not wheatish or dark also.

I used Stretch nil from my 4th month begining and yes I do not have single mark on my tummy. But you have to apply it every night without fail, I did tat and today am happy w/o single stretch mark :)