1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

is reconciliation with sil possible?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by punjabi kuri, Jan 14, 2008.

1. punjabi kuri

punjabi kuri New IL'ite

After not speaking for 6 years, i am wondering if it is possible to reconcile my differences with my jethani....i have refused any contact with her over the last few years because of how she treated me when i first got married and her constant lies to mil & fil. I have just found out she has had quite a serious operation and spent quite a considerable time in hospital. I don't know what to do - she has got 3 young children and my husband only has 1 brother. Do you think i should phone her? After a big family argument 6 years ago I have refused to speak or visit her as I was so hurt and now am worried if something happens to her i'll never be able to resolve those differences. But i'm still afraid if she carries on with her normal behaviour will i be able to cope as I didn't 6 years ago.

2. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

I think you should call her up and also offer to help anyway possible.
    Usually , health calamities can happen to anybody. Whatever you express this time, will be indicative of your own character. So dont feel apprehensive , just go ahead and call her. If your call is not welcome, atleast you will be free from your own conscious.

Ria

3. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Agree with Ria that you should call up your sil and offer whatever help you can. Never think too hard about doing a good deed. This is one such.

I will also suggest here that you tread with caution given your past bad experience. Use your past experience to devise solutions that will prevent history from repeating itself. What were the things you did not do then to avert the fight? Make sure you remember to take those preventive measures now so that if you are faced with a similar situation it does not end up being as ugly as it turned out before.

Be practical and warm. Being practical and warm means that you genuinely extend help but also remember the learning from past experience and apply this learning when need be.

If you do this you’ll do just fine. Go ahead and make that phone call!

SS

4. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I would recommend that u should call her or if possible u can visit her. Coz we r answerable to Almighty and his first teaching is to Help others and Be kind to everyone out there.

I feel she would have definetley realised her mistake by now and i m sure would be very nice to u this time, even in worst case if she behaves badly, u can just consider that she is in her worst of times and pray for god for her good. We are here in this world to spread Love and kindness and we should exactly behave the same way how we want people to behave with us. Hey don't feel that i m gvg y advce but its a feeling which i feel from my hurt.

Goodluck
    vaidehi