Is Nigeria A Safe Place For Woman To Work

Discussion in 'Indians in Africa' started by sunkan, Jul 13, 2007.

1. mercy

mercy New IL'ite

I hv spent many years ,precisely 7 yrs in Lagos ,Nigeria. Whatever one may say, my personal experience has been very good. In fact, those were the best yrs of my life and if i had a chance to go back today also ,i would not hesitate for a moment. Agreed, there are issues there regarding safety and power but the compensations far exceed them. local nigerians r very friendly. We had the same driver for all 7 yrs and when we left he was crying. Both my children spent thier growing up yrs there and studied in the Indian School there. The indian community there is so big that neither kids nor adults lack company. I just love Lagos

2. vishy

vishy Bronze IL'ite

Hi Mercy

I was in Lagos too. I was in VGC. Where were you staying? I remember the Lekki Market - I used to go there every week for my weekly vegetable purchase. Even I have a lot of good memories about that place. I have a few Nigerian friends also who are in touch with me till date. As you said, the local Nigerians are very friendly. My son had a great time too there.

Vishy

3. sheelaprem

sheelaprem New IL'ite

Hi,

My huband got a offer from his company here in houston,tx for a expat assignment to Lekki,Nigeria.We have two school going sons are really wondering what to do?I heard lot of horror stories and would appreciate your feedbacks on your stay there.

Thank you,Sheela

4. pattu0506

pattu0506 New IL'ite

Re: Is Nigeria A Safe Place To Work?

Dear jaygirl(635815),

This is Sridevi from chennai, India.
    My husband got an offer in Zoom mobile, Nigeria. the location is Lagos, Victoria island. i just want to know wheather there is anything like zoom mobile or its a fake. And if its not a fake means my husband wants to accept the offer. he will be taking me(homemaker) and my 2 year old kid along with him to stay in a company provided flat. I am much concerned about our safety because i heard from many that its not safe staying there alone or with family as well as going out after 5 in the evening is also not safe. is it true? is there proper medical care a good physician which i can get for my baby?is there a good, well desciplined e jocase of emergency during day time either in a taxi or to b a near by shop? so please help me and my husband accepting the job is purely based on your advise.

Regards,
    SRIDEVI SARAVANAN