1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is my fiance money minded ?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by dancingdoll, Jan 13, 2012.

1. sanvi5

sanvi5 Silver IL'ite

First try talking to your fiance that this is your first travel and the travel time is too long which your not convinient with. See if he has a option to book less travel time ticket.Every single person looks for good deal tickets as the ticket prices have increased now a days and you should understand that. I feel your fiance is understanding and at your very first entry to US he wants to take you on honeymoon trip to keep you happy so it does not harm travellling a few extra hours.
    Also another thing if your comming to US you should get used to long drives in cars and long flight journey. Not all places are nearby and sometimes it will be good to drive compare to taking flight so understand from his perspective.
    Again finally it is always better to speak to him about what you think and express your concerns openly.

2. AnanyaAjay

AnanyaAjay Silver IL'ite

I wonder how people can say no to HAwaii honeymoon.

Dear Dancingdoll,

U will have AMPLE of time to spend together once you settle here with him. You won't find topics to discuss with him... Not much of work.. So its better to enjoy your honeymoon now..

About travelling, I guess you should be more excited about your first flight rather than feeling bored now itself... Ur hubby is also travelling with you right? Then what is your problem? Roam with him, shop with him, and enjoy your newly married life. Don't think he is money minded...

These are my opinions... :)

3. kdivya452

kdivya452 New IL'ite

@ dancingdoll :
    Unlike another girl i have few more words to Add.

I have seen husbands who cam abroad and ask girl to join later (for their own reasons). Later the husband asks the girl's father to book the flight. When the innocent girl asked her husband.

Do you know what that guy told her. " When you are at your place you parents should spend money for you". "When you are at my place my parents will spend money for you".

You should be really happy considering these kind of HUSBANDS.

Few Men are weak hearted. You should be careful when you treat your hubby. Even thought he is not a good husband you should try to be a good wife.

4. chandy939

chandy939 Silver IL'ite

These days you are getting good deals from LA when compared to SFO.I don't think its much of an issue.Its good you get more stop overs if its your first time air travel.

The places around SJ can be done on weekends and for Hawaii u wud need break from work which he would have got because of marriage.Don't break your head about this.If money is not an issue then ask him if he can take a one way rental car from SJ to LA so that during your return you have an option to fly or drive back a rental car.

About flight travel...just hug him tight and take a much wanted long sleep after all the marriage stress you would have had past few weeks ;-);-)

5. dancingdoll

dancingdoll New IL'ite

Thank you all for your advise.

6. sindura16

sindura16 Bronze IL'ite

Dancing doll...

I think u got the answer...but You have lot of travel to do at that time...so my suggestion keep some medicines for headache, body pains and cold and some sorts of zandu balm in ur hand bag...bec as u r not coming home directly n visiting places after that long journey ... ...make sure they r tablets...because liquids r not allowed..check the weather before hand ..pack dresses likewise...n have fun fun fun...these honey moon days won't come back....

try to sleep in ur flight journey n tell the air hostess not to wake u up for snacks...when u get up they will give u ur food...

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  7. dancingdoll

dancingdoll New IL'ite

Thanks sindura for the useful information.

8. kuttysnandu

kuttysnandu Junior IL'ite

Congratulations on your marriage..
    your going with your husband after marriage and you have 2 stops in between you will enjoy getting down and just roaming around..
    The purpose of being in US is money..
    Then whats wrong in being money minded..
    Its not easy to come to the place where we live and then plan everything again..hawaii the tickets are also costly..
    Be happy that at least your hubby is planning honeymoon..
    Many girls don't get the chance if they come to US..
    Because of the work and holidays which they already spent for marriage..
    He has planned perfectly I would say..Though It would be tiring..
    Try to sleep as much as possible in flight..
    And never try to show your dad money power or status..Guys get pissed off..then thats the end of your happy life..Enjoy!!

9. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

Most of us come to US for a better earning.. and down the lane a better living.

Your fiance seem to be a good person with money. Not throwing it away unnecessarily.. and also trying to get the money's worth of it.

10. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

I didnt have a honeymoon immediately after my wedding. 3 years of working hard for an admission into dental school and just before entering school (because I deserved it), my hubby took me to Florida. (His explanation was that vacation trips would lax me.At times, I agree.)
    You should be happy you have one just after your wedding.These moments are precious!!