1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is My Decision Right

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by shubhrata, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Urmila

Urmila Silver IL'ite

I do feel that if you feel confident to manage your kids do separate. I don’t see much hope in an alcoholic who is unwilling to even get help from rehabilitation. An initial break away from him for few months can help both to get some focus and clarity. It will also help you to see whether your husband is showing any signs of progress towards quitting drinking. If still no progress decide on divorce.

shravs3 and Sunshine04 like this.
  2. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

This is a good decision. Please answer these questions
    Does he abuse you and the kids
    Are you financially independent
    What about your parents . Do they support you
    Where do you live

3. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Yes. Absolutely, without a doubt, yes.

You've done all you can to save your marriage, it's now up to him.

4. shubhrata

shubhrata Bronze IL'ite

he doesn't abuse the kids. They are his world. No physical abuse. Verbal abuse - yes
    Yes I am financially independent
    My parents do support me
    In Chennai

5. Desiindian

Desiindian Gold IL'ite

OP, Sorry to hear what you are going through.As far as I know, alcoholic addiction cannot be stopped just like that without doctor's help. Separation or loneliness will trigger more alcohol consumption. You husband may blame you for that. How about staying together with inlaws? If more than one people at home fight with him daily, he may try to change his habit. Convince him for a doctor's consultation, rahabilation centre.

6. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Does he beat you??

7. shubhrata

shubhrata Bronze IL'ite

nope...though he tries , but I give him right back saying that you have to face the consequence if you raise your hand on me. so he controls....

Venkat20 and Sunshine04 like this.
  8. Venkat20

Venkat20 Gold IL'ite

Very hard to read your post sorry for that.

do you know divorce is not the only solution to solve your problem. You have to face lot and lot after divorce, if a lady staying alone have to face lot of issue, instead of that you can handle this one simple issue. My advice is take him to rehabilitation center hope one in Adyar or Tharamani, check with them they will guide you properly.

Now a days Alcoholism is not all consider as "Bad Habit" it becomes social and common, very bad thing is for two wheeler advertisement also they are coding "Drinking". Few years back the Wine shop will be at the end of the village / town far away from the residential place, Man will cover his face and walk to wine shop, very few persons above 40 will drink, now a days approximately 60 % people are drunker imaterial about the age and sex.

The reason I am explaining this to you is knowingly or unknowingly we are all accept the western culture we have to face the consequences it instead of running away fight against at least you can save a Man and Your Family.

My Humble Brotherly advice
    Good luck God Bless you

shubhrata and lucky2 like this.
  9. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: I presume Clicking the like button for OP here is inapt.
    2. If the reader had viewed or and read, it would be more apt to click REPLY AND LEAVE AT THAT or write shortly something apt taking into account emotions OP.
    GOD LEND SUCCOUR TO ALL MY DISTRESSED SISTERS AS THEY ARE YOUR BELOVED CHILDREN.

10. shubhrata

shubhrata Bronze IL'ite

Sorry for that. I wanted to reply but didnt find time due to emergency work and took off from work. Sorry again.